Why is going under the 'Money Shot' for QS fetishists?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Viridian

Re: Why is going under the 'Money Shot' for QS fetishists?

Postby Viridian » Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 am

I don't think there's a single "money shot" for QS fetishists. You roughly divide fetishists into three: the "stuck in deep mud" group (thigh/waist) - where the sinker can get out on their own with struggling, the "hopeless peril" sort (chest/shoulder) - where the sinker can't get out on their own, and the "submergence" group.

The reason why the submersion is the money shot is because it is unique to the QS fetish. The other depths overlap with stuck/mud fetishes.

As has already been mentioned though, it can be very polarised as excitement and stimulation rapidly drop off when other depths are depicted.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sat May 28, 2022 4:45 am

redjak6t4 wrote:
Fred588 wrote:
redjak6t4 wrote:These are all interesting responses.

But I don't see anyone who either likes going under themselves or likes watching others go under mentioning the elephant in the room. That is, the D-word. Death. Surely the core thrill of 'going under' quicksand fetishism is the risk of death by drowning in the mud?

Am I wrong here? Is the D-word somehow taboo? Or, is it the fuel that drives 'going under' quicksand fetishism?

Thank you.

Redjak.

I think what you are missing is that this is all fantasy. Also, while the sexual double metaphor of foreplay and climax has been mentioned in this thread already (by me) there is also a second metaphor, I believe totally unrelated, for quicksand. In fiction, at least, quicksand is often used to represent the worst possible death - being pulled into the grave while still alive and conscious. [This is a theory expressed by others, not me] I have seen it expressed somewhere that one of the reasons it is almost always the bad guy who dies by quicksand in the movies is because the bad guy somehow deserves it.

Fred,

I like and tend to agree with what you say about sexual metaphors. That analysis explains a lot. Thank you.

But I must strongly disagree with you when you claim that I'm missing the point of this being fantasy. If I were really missing the point, the QS fakes that I post here represent what I think is acceptable behaviour towards women. If I really were missing the point, that would mean that I really DO want to see women sinking to their deaths in quicksand. Not understanding that this is all fantasy would make me into a very twisted and dangerous person indeed.

But, that's clearly not the case. I fully understand that ALL of my posted content is totally and 100% fantasy. I like to think of myself as someone who can help to visually realize the fantasies that some of us QS fetishists think about. No more than that. It must stay on the screen or in our heads, but must never become reality.

I started this thread to try and explore the psychology underpinning our fetish and I mentioned the D-word because as far as I can see it cannot be divorced from the consequences of going under, into the embrace of the quicksand. Hence my comment about the elephant in the room.

Duncan has summed it up pretty well. If quicksand were only a minor inconvenience and not something lethal, then all of the thrill of the struggle and the frantic urge to escape would be absent. It is the danger of death that makes quicksand exciting to some (if not most) of us. If that's too much like a celebration of death and too necro for some, then I apologize.

If others see going under in non-necro terms, then please enlighten me. As I mentioned above, I am exploring our fetish here, not condemning anyone and not seeking to offend anyone.

Thank you.

Redjak.

I enjoy watching video of a person sinking and going under then bubbles on the surface. man or woman they both appeal. even better if they make it look like mouth fills. but I enjoy because it is not a real death - it is only staged and the person is rescued and is okay. But I do like to place myself in that person's place and imagine what happens after going under and not coming back up. (man or woman because the sexness of it is not my focus - my focus is the thrill and mystery of quicksand having power over a person's life and maybe also wondering what they're thinking as their body sinks out of sight, perhaps forever they fear, and the sensations as the quicksand touches different parts of the body).

I guess the D-word is not said because we all know that if " I " go under and dont come back up, " I " _will_ lose my life to the quicksand as it keeps me from getting air or even gets into my lungs and stops them from working. That is, if the sinking only takes a few minutes.

None of us want to consider senarios where the person is trapped for hours or days and suffers hypothermia or compresion of legs and chest. those are too grotesk, and dont fit our quicksand sink fantasy.

I think in realety, a person who goes under later comes back up due to gas building up inside the body. in the novel "Papilon", one character tells how the quicksand around his hideout gives up its dead. That would not work for any of us here. I am certain of that. that would upset us all and destroy the fantasy because we need to understand that it is only fantasy and the sinker is returned to the surface alive and well. What is underneath stays underneath as a secret and a mystery that nobody can ever know.

For my fantasy about going out in quicksand, that is not part of it - I stay under and eventally assimmilated by the quicksand. A tidy demize. no trace left. and nobody else suffers what I fantasise.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 am

Viridian wrote:I don't think there's a single "money shot" for QS fetishists. You roughly divide fetishists into three: the "stuck in deep mud" group (thigh/waist) - where the sinker can get out on their own with struggling, the "hopeless peril" sort (chest/shoulder) - where the sinker can't get out on their own, and the "submergence" group.

The reason why the submersion is the money shot is because it is unique to the QS fetish. The other depths overlap with stuck/mud fetishes.

As has already been mentioned though, it can be very polarised as excitement and stimulation rapidly drop off when other depths are depicted.

You're forgetting the "pleasurable peril" group, where the draw is that the victims is making the best of being in the worst. The victims in those scenarios either let themselves sink or try to force themselves deeper. Going under in those cases is basically the high point of the sink...why the quicksand is quicksand.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat May 28, 2022 6:46 am

I didn't forget it. I'm not discussing what scenario turns people on, be it pleasure or dramatic. I'm discussing the depth at which people find engaging. Even if you're part of the group that enjoys the pleasure side, you might still be instantly switched off ones the submergence happens.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Ask two quicksand fans why they like quicksand and you will get five different opinions.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Sat May 28, 2022 5:35 pm

Fred588 wrote:Ask two quicksand fans why they like quicksand and you will get five different opinions.

And yet, while each of us are unique people, with our own individual preferences and understandings, there must be certain underlying themes about our fetish that are common to all of us.

Please note that here I'm not talking about the opinions of our members. A personal opinion about our fetish is different from how it actually works, deep down in our psyches. To dig deeper than personal opinion we need to look for common patterns seen across the experiences of many. The collective experience, rather than the uniquely personal. And this forum, being a collective of people who all share an erotic fascination with quicksand, is a good place to look for such patterns.

That is how all science works, really. Take a sufficiently large sample of anything, observe it and see what patterns emerge. Draw up a hypothesis, based upon the observed patterns and then find ways to test that hypothesis.

Ok, I don't think that hypothesizing and testing are ever going to happen, but it would be interesting to see if our fetish, manifesting itself in us in all of it's many ways, still displayed certain patterns.

Thank you.

Redjak.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:23 pm

redjak6t4 wrote:
Fred588 wrote:Ask two quicksand fans why they like quicksand and you will get five different opinions.

And yet, while each of us are unique people, with our own individual preferences and understandings, there must be certain underlying themes about our fetish that are common to all of us.

Please note that here I'm not talking about the opinions of our members. A personal opinion about our fetish is different from how it actually works, deep down in our psyches. To dig deeper than personal opinion we need to look for common patterns seen across the experiences of many. The collective experience, rather than the uniquely personal. And this forum, being a collective of people who all share an erotic fascination with quicksand, is a good place to look for such patterns.

That is how all science works, really. Take a sufficiently large sample of anything, observe it and see what patterns emerge. Draw up a hypothesis, based upon the observed patterns and then find ways to test that hypothesis.

Ok, I don't think that hypothesizing and testing are ever going to happen, but it would be interesting to see if our fetish, manifesting itself in us in all of it's many ways, still displayed certain patterns.

Thank you.

Redjak.

The concept of looking for common threads from a larger number of cases (people) is scientifically sound, provided there IS a common thread. However, if the happen to be two or more things (let's call them causes for simplicity) underlying what appears to be one outcome, then things get complicated. There are research procedures for this sort of situation (factor analysis) but it is not simple. Another problem, from a research point of view, is that
simply gathering a lot of data and looking for a connection to something can lead to what is called a "correlation." but that say nothing about cause and effect. It only suggests a cause and effect that can only be verified with other methods. For example, if you collected lots of data about people in their teen years and then looked at their abilities in math you would find a very strong correlation between math ability and shoe size. Do large feet promote learning in math? Does learning math make one's feet grow? The truth is that during those years most people's feet get bigger and they learn some math.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Sat May 28, 2022 11:35 pm

Fred588 wrote:
redjak6t4 wrote:

Thank you.

Redjak.

The concept of looking for common threads from a larger number of cases (people) is scientifically sound, provided there IS a common thread. However, if the happen to be two or more things (let's call them causes for simplicity) underlying what appears to be one outcome, then things get complicated. There are research procedures for this sort of situation (factor analysis) but it is not simple. Another problem, from a research point of view, is that
simply gathering a lot of data and looking for a connection to something can lead to what is called a "correlation." but that say nothing about cause and effect. It only suggests a cause and effect that can only be verified with other methods. For example, if you collected lots of data about people in their teen years and then looked at their abilities in math you would find a very strong correlation between math ability and shoe size. Do large feet promote learning in math? Does learning math make one's feet grow? The truth is that during those years most people's feet get bigger and they learn some math.

I happen to agree, Fred.

As well as your pertinent points, there are other reasons why it's going to be next to impossible to draw out any bona fide patterns about the common workings of our quicksand fetish. Here are some more reasons that I can think of.

Assuming that our fetish establishes itself within us during our teenage years, who can accurately recall what they were thinking and feeling then? Not me, that's for sure. I can barely remember what I was doing two years ago, let alone forty-five years ago. So, the likelihood that I can remember anything from which a meaningful pattern could be drawn is very, very small indeed.

I consider it quite likely that whatever establishes a sexual fetish within us, does so unconsciously or subconsciously, below the radar of our conscious thoughts. Therefore, how could we recall changes that happened within us that we weren't even aware of? These things would be inaccessible.

Human psychology is a complex thing. Far too complex to begin teasing out meaningful patterns from the paucity of information we could bring to bear on the problem.

These are intensely private and personal matters and I would imagine that public discussion of them is a complete no-no for almost everyone in this forum.

I suppose that all I wanted to say was that I find the idea of a common reason or point or origin for our fetish to be a tantalizing one. An unrealizable one to be sure. But if I may refer back to my opening comments. While I'm at generally at peace with what I am, from time to time I still find myself mystified by my quicksand fetish and it's at those times I wonder about it. Hence this thread.

Anyway, my thanks go out to all of those who have contributed.

Respectfully,

Redjak.

Villein

Postby Villein » Mon May 30, 2022 4:43 am

Because it is a literal completion of the sequence, a re-emergence is a metaphoric resurrection.
Insert your choice of subject to please your own sexual dynamics into the objectification ritual that is a quicksand sequence.
PLEASE DELETE

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:06 am

redjak6t4 wrote: ...I consider it quite likely that whatever establishes a sexual fetish within us, does so unconsciously or subconsciously, below the radar of our conscious thoughts. Therefore, how could we recall changes that happened within us that we weren't even aware of? ...

For me, this is the beginning and the end of the discussion.

That's why my general advice is to roll with it* and try not to fuck up anybody around you.

* 'it' being an intentionally vague/general term. Goodness knows that none of us are cut from exactly the same kink cloth.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”