Mud locations in Scotland?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Chaz Targrin

Mud locations in Scotland?

Postby Chaz Targrin » Thu May 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Hi there! It's been a while since I last spoke on this forum but life circumstances have changed such that I've got a lot more freedom to move about... and I can't have that, so I want to find some good, thick mud to get stuck in. I live up in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, and I'm curious to know if there's any mudders in my neck of the woods who would be game for meeting up and finding some spots to sink!

EDIT: I should mention that I have read over the mud map and seen a couple of spots here and there in the northeast that I'm curious to explore! In particular, there's one off to the west of me, in a place called Findhorn, that I'm very curious about - I sadly don't have my driving license yet (I'm working on that) so if any fellow Scottish mudders would like to meet and go for a look, I'd be happy to discuss something!

AnthonyJ

Re: Mud locations in Scotland?

Postby AnthonyJ » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:51 am

Hi I've been to Findhorn several times whilst up visiting the area. I'm intrigued that you say it's mentioned as a mud spot. The beach at low tide is Sandy or pebbles as far as I've found. Do you know otherwisr??

Wammud

Postby Wammud » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:05 am

AnthonyJ wrote:Hi I've been to Findhorn several times whilst up visiting the area. I'm intrigued that you say it's mentioned as a mud spot. The beach at low tide is Sandy or pebbles as far as I've found. Do you know otherwisr??

I've spotted some potential spots leading towards the main flats themselves, looking like banks. I haven't been able to check it out in detail though.

Chaz Targrin

Postby Chaz Targrin » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:57 pm

I unfortunately haven't been up that way myself, I've mostly been going by satellite pictures from Google Maps to see what looks sufficiently like it could be muddy. Would love to meet up with folks who've got transportation to take a look around, though!

I've also found what looks to be a couple of promising quarry mud spots close to my own home, though again, without a car I haven't been able to investigate them properly.

Lastly, I also took a look at Donmouth, over in Aberdeen, after reading news stories of people getting stuck in quicksand out that way - it's definitely got some promise of being a good muddy spot, though it was a bit too busy at the time I was visiting. Still, the summer nights are getting lighter, so we could definitely take a look out there some evening if it's bright out, perhaps!

meerkat978

Postby meerkat978 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:50 am

Once it gets a little warmer, you know I'll be having a wander up that way ;)

Return to “General Discussion”