This came to me to represent July 4th

download/file.php?id=14789&mode=view

Duncan Edwards

Re: Timely photo

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:18 pm

jagfiles wrote:This came to me to represent July 4th

download/file.php?id=14789&mode=view

The work of Chuck Lang and his first wife.Talk about nostalgic. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:09 am

I think I had this video on VHS long ago - it was a pretty good sink in a real bog. A nice memory (the VHS tape dissolved, so it’s no longer viewable, unfortunately).

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:25 pm

PA Jack wrote:I think I had this video on VHS long ago - it was a pretty good sink in a real bog. A nice memory (the VHS tape dissolved, so it’s no longer viewable, unfortunately).

Looks like you got a ton of nice viewing.
Have you ever seem that one with the two gals Chuck did?

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:56 pm

jagfiles wrote:
PA Jack wrote:I think I had this video on VHS long ago - it was a pretty good sink in a real bog. A nice memory (the VHS tape dissolved, so it’s no longer viewable, unfortunately).

You know, that was one I just did not order before Chuck stopped selling. If I remember his site right, they were named Dixie and Dawn, and I always wished I had sprung for that one, too. Chuck used only natural locations; some of them were really good ones. His videos and Kaol’s were the first ones I could order off line after I discovered that I was not the only poor soul with this interest, and that there was actually a community of sorts. It was both a relief to find out and a real kick to get the tapes in the mail at the time!

jpowell

Postby jpowell » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:59 pm

I think I had that one,too.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:26 pm

PA Jack wrote:
jagfiles wrote:

You know, that was one I just did not order before Chuck stopped selling. If I remember his site right, they were named Dixie and Dawn, and I always wished I had sprung for that one, too. Chuck used only natural locations; some of them were really good ones. His videos and Kaol’s were the first ones I could order off line after I discovered that I was not the only poor soul with this interest, and that there was actually a community of sorts. It was both a relief to find out and a real kick to get the tapes in the mail at the time!

Chuck didn't have a site as it was. I don't believe he ever touched a computer at all. Other people would talk about his stuff and everything was transacted by snail mail. The video with the two girls was shot in the same slurry pond area that Kaol used and we shot not far from that. by today's standard it's not very sophisticated but it sure was a lot of fun to watch back in the day. I'm not sure that any two of his tapes were ever the same. :) Chuck's very informal style also neglected model releases and such so all his videos died with him.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:26 am

You know, Duncan, I am getting old, and my memory fades. I said “site” for Chuck, but you are right. I did it all by mail, and he sent me a photocopy brochure of his videos available. That is where I saw Dixie and Dawn, but neglected to order it. And as I (fuzzily) recall, one of Chuck’s VHS tapes that I got actually ran out of tape in mid-scene, so they were not mass produced, but I got my whole tape’s money’s worth at that. I thought at the time that the scenes were pretty darn good.

- Jack

Return to “General Discussion”