Ever been spotted?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
rubik-pillow

Ever been spotted?

Postby rubik-pillow » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:04 am

So I had a bit of a close encounter with another human this evening at a local quarry I’ve been using lately, I’ve had other close calls before but this one was strange and I thought I’d write about it. I’m doing my thing down in this settling pond, which sits below one of the gravel roads in the quarry. There’s a berm built up between me and this road, a cat suddenly appears over this berm and walks towards me. It made me jump a bit and said “oh” out loud, in a normal voice, not a yell. Right after I say it, human footsteps start sounding in the gravel. The cat runs back up and I go completely silent. At this point I’m pretty much waiting for this person to look over the berm and initiate an extremely awkward conversation. But surprisingly the footsteps slowly fade off to the left. I have no doubt this guy heard me, but I’m guessing he mistook my “oh” for a green frog call, they are everywhere around this place.
Anyway, a few minutes go by and I stay silent, waiting till I feel comfortable again. What do you know, here come the footsteps going back the other way. No cat this time. They fade off to the right and after a few minutes I get back to wallowing.
I would love to know if this was a security guard who brought his cat in for a long third shift, or if this was just a civilian, or even if the cat was unrelated and just a coincidence. Regardless, I hate the feeling of being naked and covered in mud as somebody walks by 20 feet away just *barely* out of sight of me.
Let’s hear your stories...

Duncan Edwards

Re: Ever been spotted?

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:09 pm

Try being out there with four naked ladies and the property owner walks up. Fortunately his view was somewhat obscured by growth but he knew we were there. I managed to convince him we were fishing and would leave without a mess. He left. Always have some at least mildly plausible explanation in your pocket and be ready with it.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

aMuddyToedBoy

Postby aMuddyToedBoy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:10 pm

I've never been caught outright, just a few close calls. I always keep a towel somewhere near where I intend to clean up and have on more than one occasion booked it into the water on the sound of approaching pedestrians. I've been lucky in that regard but my old spot was in a place where the occasional fisherman or a more adventurous hiker with her dogs would wander back to it, especially as the trail got more beaten in. I've almost always been able to slip something over my nakedness and in only one case I just stayed in the water to which the "trespasser" couldn't see anything but we exchanged a knowing smile and they quickly moved on. I think most people would agree that skinny dipping in a well concealed area is a fairly innocent pleasure!

Though to be frank, I like the rush of knowing that I could get caught... My new spot is very private, no trails or footprints or river access to anyone without a machete and a good reason so I sometimes will ditch my clothes downriver and swim upstream to explore the various mudholes. I'm no exhibitionist, and I don't WANT to be caught, but I like the rush of having the risk. Contrary to your story I like "the feeling of being naked and covered in mud as somebody walks by 20 feet away just *barely* out of sight of me". Much like getting genuinely stuck in quicksand; you don't want to get trapped and die or wait for rescue, but that's part of the thrill!

Also, this new spot is on the mudmap @Pequabuck River. If you're local, it's a strong two thumbs up! You can sink in to your neck in dark oily mud, it gets sun all day, debris is all but absent, and the whole area is very private with easy cleanup!

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:19 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Try being out there with four naked ladies and the property owner walks up. Fortunately his view was somewhat obscured by growth but he knew we were there. I managed to convince him we were fishing and would leave without a mess. He left. Always have some at least mildly plausible explanation in your pocket and be ready with it.

That's the double standard i guess :D
As long as there is at least one lady involved, it's completely fine and you're just having some fun, doing a party, or even really shooting a movie.
A woman alone would be a damsel in distress.
A dude alone is creepy and some perv!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

goo_lagoon

Postby goo_lagoon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:06 pm

Yesterday I was at a huge mudpit in Delaware doing my thing and all of a sudden a helicopter flew right over me. It was probably only a couple hundred feet in the air. It freaked me the F out so I scrambled to some water to clean myself off and got out of there as fast as I could. I don’t know why it was there and flying so low but it was crazy.

A couple months ago I was at my favorite spot in New Jersey which is right off a path. I wasn’t naked, but just in my underwear. All of a sudden an older lady walks by and sees me. Inside I was terrified but played it cool. I said hi and just told her I was just playing in the mud, and she was surprisingly really friendly. Guess I lucked out!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:21 pm

It's always good to bring a friend (particularly the female variety ;) ) and remember: The vast majority of people do not look at someone playing in mud and think "Fetish" or "OMG a sex pervert!" They just see somebody covered in mud.

I've been noticed a few times I'm sure but never confronted. If I ever am my plan is to just start laughing like a moron and explain the person with me dared me to jump in. :D
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:55 pm

goo_lagoon wrote:All of a sudden an older lady walks by and sees me. Inside I was terrified but played it cool. I said hi and just told her I was just playing in the mud, and she was surprisingly really friendly. Guess I lucked out!

Well, it wasn't me. But I assure you that if it was, that's how things would go.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:22 pm

bogbud wrote:As long as there is at least one lady involved, it's completely fine and you're just having some fun, doing a party, or even really shooting a movie.

This is true. And it's grossly unfair. Being a lady protected me a lot. I never actually even worried (much) about encounters, since being a lady means that nobody who's not one of us believes I'd do such a thing. They'll immediately assume something else -- anything else, but not that, never that.

And being a lady over 40 was double protection. Guys get paternalistic about young ladies and want to tell them what to do, but us older ladies command respect similar to that given to mothers and teachers. When I finally hired (younger than me) models, my cover story was planned: "I'm going to say that I'm her auntie and this is her college project." It's possible we'd be told to leave, but I am sure it'd be believed.

But my actual answer to this question is no, I was never spotted, not even in the lake near a seaplane airport. I used to watch for it, duck out of sight, and go back to playing when it was gone.

Nessie

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:33 pm

I was only caught once, in my teens, by a friend named Cathy. This was in southern Rhode Island one summer. I was in the process of figuring out just what was the complete nature of this interest for me. She teased me a little, but she was cool and never told anyone else about it, as far as I know. We even went out exploring together a few times. I posted a story about her here in 2009 (as former ID, jack c) called “Summer of ‘76.” So, being “caught” actually turned out to be a good thing for me. It’s funny sometimes how things work out.

Chaz Targrin

Postby Chaz Targrin » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:34 pm

Oh, I have a fun story about this one. I'd gotten stuck in the coastal marsh just a brief walk from home, and after a bit of a struggle was able to get back out, minus my sandals.

Making my way back up to the road, I thought I'd be in the clear to walk back home, when I saw someone walking up the road towards me, and realised he could probably see that I was covered in mud from the waist down.

So how did I get out of that predicament?

"Uhhh... You should probably watch your step down that way," uttered briefly and quietly while gesturing back at the path I'd just emerged from. He just nodded and continued on his way. I bet somewhere else online he's got a funny story about the guy who just emerged from the bushes covered in mud to warn him about the perils of the coast!

Return to “General Discussion”