What Happened to PersonSix?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
JohannGomezSink

What Happened to PersonSix?

Postby JohannGomezSink » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:23 pm

I suppose you saw this earlier that says deactivated account. that's right. it got deactivated for some reason. I don't know why, can someone explain this? sorry if it's a copy.
I may check out, if only.

Boggyhoo

Re: What Happened to PersonSix?

Postby Boggyhoo » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:25 pm

JohannGomezSink wrote:I suppose you saw this earlier that says deactivated account. that's right. it got deactivated for some reason. I don't know why, can someone explain this? sorry if it's a copy.

O no!

BH

TheophiledeViau

Postby TheophiledeViau » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:29 am

JohannGomezSink wrote:I suppose you saw this earlier that says deactivated account. that's right. it got deactivated for some reason. I don't know why, can someone explain this? sorry if it's a copy.

PersonSix decided in May of this year to wash their hands of the entire community, it seems. I just managed to get a pdf of of their last post there before they removed their work. They cited some misgivings with the nature of the Deviantart quicksand community, some irritations they had with others, and a sense of greed that inspired them to get into making art of our collective unusual fixation in the first place. I guess they looked in the proverbial mirror and didn’t like what was in the reflection, and decided to leave to detox, so to speak.

So that’s what happened to them. I completely understand, personally. Still, it’s a shame losing their content. I liked a lot of PersonSix’s work, and it helped inspire some of my jottings and doggerel that I’m wondering if I should show here.

TheophiledeViau

Postby TheophiledeViau » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:33 am

As long as we’re talking about people who haven’t been around in a while, anyone know how velocity88 is? They’ve been a real inspiration, and it’d be a shame for them to leave, too, or - heaven forbid - they pass away like the Purple Monkey did a few years ago.

Return to “General Discussion”