Blast from the past

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

Blast from the past

Postby jagfiles » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:57 am

This never gets old (no copy right infringement intended)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

MadMax359

Re: Blast from the past

Postby MadMax359 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:38 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:07 pm

U2

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:16 am

"It was like the turkey's mounted a counter attack" lol :lol: Wait... this just in, we have live footage of the turkeys counter attack! :shock:

turkey-guns.gif

Turkey_Guns.jpg

Interestingly enough, I saw on the news that years back this annual "Turkey Drop" actually used to happen in Arkansas, that is until the FAA shut it down because animal right activists pressured them to :roll: I mean, we like deep fry them, so dropping out of a plane them seems kind of tame. And they do actually fly (more like glide) short distances, so the organizers claimed it supposedly didn't harm them anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:31 am

Here are the turkey's best moments from South Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD2BUVMmwHw
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Happy Turkey-day to everyone!

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:28 pm

Wild Turkeys are actually able to fly. The modern domesticated version has been bred to have more meat on them, particularly in the breasts, and is too heavy to really do more than a controlled fall.

They can also be quite vicious. Their diet consists mostly of plants and bugs but they'll happily take small rodents and have been known to dig up the nests of even bigger animals like Rabbits and eat the babies. Damn nature, you scary! :shock:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:40 pm

BogDog wrote:Happy Turkey-day to everyone!

Lol :lol: My sentiment exactly! If I were supreme ruler of all the lands, oceans and everything above, below, and in between, I would decree that no one may speak of nor express anything to with Christmas between midnight on January 2nd, and midnight on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Other than that, it's Katie bar the door, and I would require everyone to put up some kind of decorations and say "Merry Christmas" at least once per conversation or greeting.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:49 pm

Mynock wrote:Wild Turkeys are actually able to fly. The modern domesticated version has been bred to have more meat on them, particularly in the breasts, and is too heavy to really do more than a controlled fall.

They can also be quite vicious. Their diet consists mostly of plants and bugs but they'll happily take small rodents and have been known to dig up the nests of even bigger animals like Rabbits and eat the babies. Damn nature, you scary! :shock:

I know wild Turkey's are vicious, and I've seen them fly—right after I shot at one for almost smashing my window and waking me up two hours early :x Feathered menace doesn't know how close he came to going my grill. Or maybe he did, he never did come back.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:51 pm

Theo wrote: ....I know wild Turkey's are vicious, and I've seen them fly—right after I shot at one for almost smashing my window and waking me up two hours early :x Feathered menace doesn't know how close he came to going my grill. Or maybe he did, he never did come back.

Yea, they do fly.

It's not very graceful. I watched six or so fly right across the creek. Made quite a racket. :mrgreen:
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”