Deceptive Movie Trailers

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
duuudeization

Re: Deceptive Movie Trailers

Postby duuudeization » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:13 am

I've seen movies with shots taken from different angles, some of which ended up in the advertising, and different angles were actually presented in the film. I always figured they just used scenes that were shot multiple times with slight differences to see the effect and then it ended up on The cutting room floor. Hard to sue for that.
As I see it, it is akin to me using scrap wood to check an angle, but not using those actual pieces of wood in the finished product because it was just to hone the finish pieces properly.
Its all about peace and love and good happiness stuff

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:02 pm

duuudeization wrote:I've seen movies with shots taken from different angles, some of which ended up in the advertising, and different angles were actually presented in the film. I always figured they just used scenes that were shot multiple times with slight differences to see the effect and then it ended up on The cutting room floor. Hard to sue for that.
As I see it, it is akin to me using scrap wood to check an angle, but not using those actual pieces of wood in the finished product because it was just to hone the finish pieces properly.

I can only speak for myself and those I have observed during shoots (but that is about 20 different producers of different kinds). I typically shoot with two video cameras, plus at least one still camera. That means only half of the video footage gets into the final cut. Obviously, half the video has a different angle of view than the other. The still cameras, also obviously, must have a different angle of view from either video camera. And sometimes there might be a second or even a third still camera involved. When I am operating the still camera I normally only shoot during the action, but other photographers will do stills during a break in the action.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Fred588 wrote:... but other photographers will do stills during a break in the action.

There's too few beautiful images in the world as it is. ;)

DSC_0014.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”