AI quicksand/fetish art?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
CreamyClayK

AI quicksand/fetish art?

Postby CreamyClayK » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:40 am

what are y'all's opinions on AI art programs being used to make quicksand and other fetish art?

i'm pretty torn on it, because on one hand we now have tools that can create a lot of art for niche fetish communities like this one (and some of that stuff is pretty damn good), but on the other hand it takes away from traditional artists who spend a lot of time on their craft

so what do y'all think?

Duncan Edwards

Re: AI quicksand/fetish art?

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:25 pm

CreamyClayK wrote:what are y'all's opinions on AI art programs being used to make quicksand and other fetish art?

i'm pretty torn on it, because on one hand we now have tools that can create a lot of art for niche fetish communities like this one (and some of that stuff is pretty damn good), but on the other hand it takes away from traditional artists who spend a lot of time on their craft

so what do y'all think?

It's a beginning. Ten years from now you will be watching very nice AI generated video where the damsel in Tarzan's Hidden Jungle finally sinks all the way under.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:26 pm

It doesn’t take shit away from me or my drawings. I don’t see any kind of emotion in any of it at all, maybe that will improve eventually but I certainly don’t feel threatened at all by AI art. It’s very clear to anyone veiwing it that it’s made by a computer for someone who wishes they could make something themselves but isn’t willing to put any real effort into it. Like letting GarageBand create a rock song for you because you can’t play guitar or drums. That’s all it is to me.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:17 am

Frankly I think they need some way of identifying. There's a difference between admiring skills and admiring code generated imagery.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Vandercat

Postby Vandercat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:08 pm

I'm not very big on it personally, the bulk of AI "art" I've seen is in part or in whole sampled directly from an actual drawing created by some actual artists. They tend all tend to have the same kind of lighting and ironically lack emotions.

I've got nothing against the idea of AI art, but because so much of the algorithms require them to sample art from actual artists, I'm against its current implementation on principal since it seems like just a new way to rip off artists and get away with it. "It's not stealing, an AI generator made it!!!"

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:16 pm

As someone with zero artistic talent, I think it'd be awesome to have a tool that could help me turn my ideas into pictures.

On the other hand I can see how that kind of cheapens art in general, cause it makes anybody able to do something that used to take a lot of time, effort and skill of the person creating it.

On the other hand......
"Alexa, make me a video of three naked cave girls sinking in a tar pit."
*beep*
"Your video is ready. Would you like to watch it now, or add it to your playlist?"
:twisted: :twisted:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:29 pm

Mynock wrote:As someone with zero artistic talent, I think it'd be awesome to have a tool that could help me turn my ideas into pictures.

On the other hand I can see how that kind of cheapens art in general, cause it makes anybody able to do something that used to take a lot of time, effort and skill of the person creating it.

On the other hand......
"Alexa, make me a video of three naked cave girls sinking in a tar pit."
*beep*
"Your video is ready. Would you like to watch it now, or add it to your playlist?"
:twisted: :twisted:

This is addressed to the whole thread here and not just this post. I think we must try to keep in mind the idea, without trying to define it, that there is a difference between a drawing and what is art.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:50 pm

AI is the opposite of art.
There is nothing authentic, creative, poignant, passionate, sentimental or meaningful about it. It takes work from real artists and swirls it around at the whim of whoever plays with it. It’s plastic and flat and silly. To take AI art seriously is a joke in itself.
That’s just my opinion. Real art (whatever that means to you) mirrors the human experience. AI whatever just mirrors laziness and talentlessness. Yeah, you can make something that looks cool sometimes, that’s great, enjoy it if that’s your thing.
Last edited by Acidtester on Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:00 pm

B84B93D8-82E6-43E6-9E81-7F7493454ECC.jpeg
B94F8553-73E5-40AB-B54E-A5F2160A56A3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quicksand3D

Postby quicksand3D » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:23 pm

Acidtester wrote:AI is the opposite of art.
There is nothing authentic, creative, poignant, passionate, sentimental or meaningful about it. It takes work from real artists and swirls it around at the whim of whoever plays with it. It’s plastic and flat and silly. To take AI art seriously is a joke in itself.
That’s just my opinion. Real art (whatever that means to you) mirrors the human experience. AI whatever just mirrors laziness and talentlessness. Yeah, you can make something that looks cool sometimes, that’s great, enjoy it if that’s your thing.

Totally agree - AI is the "autotune" of Art

Return to “General Discussion”