Mayfair Witches

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
MadMax359

Mayfair Witches

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:17 pm

the stunning Alexandra Daddario is starring in a TV series of Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches... set in New Orleans... there are plenty of swamps in that part of the world... is it too much to ask that her character gets to sink in one?

i'm not holding out much hope the show will do that, but maybe one of our manipulators?

Alexandra Mayfair.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Duncan Edwards

Re: Mayfair Witches

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:48 pm

MadMax359 wrote:the stunning Alexandra Daddario is starring in a TV series of Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches... set in New Orleans... there are plenty of swamps in that part of the world... is it too much to ask that her character gets to sink in one?

i'm not holding out much hope the show will do that, but maybe one of our manipulators?

Alexandra Mayfair.jpg

It's a good one to watch out for. Anyone here ever read much Anne Rice? Anything in the literature? Apparently most of it set in New Orleans Garden District. I can tell you for sure that's probably the only area outside Jackson Square that you might not find a boggy spot.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

DarthMau

Postby DarthMau » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:07 pm

You also have to consider that even though a story has a swamp setting, it doesn't mean there will be situations involving quicksand... two Swamp Thing movies and a tv series taught me that.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:58 pm

LOL oh i recognize all the reasons we should NOT expect a sinking scene from this show!

i'm just saying if i had anything to say about it. Alexandra plus any vicinity NEAR a bayou equals sinking neck deep in the skimpiest costume on set :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:26 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Anyone here ever read much Anne Rice?

Yep. "Interview With the Vampire", "Queen Of The Damned" and "Exit to Eden".

No quicksand in any of it, not even "Eden", which had no supernatural theme at all. It was about kinky people.

In my opinion, the best book of the three that I read was "Interview with the Vampire".

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:56 pm

MadMax359 wrote:i'm just saying if i had anything to say about it. Alexandra plus any vicinity NEAR a bayou equals sinking neck deep in the skimpiest costume on set :twisted:

Right there with you.

Nessie wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Anyone here ever read much Anne Rice?

Yep. "Interview With the Vampire", "Queen Of The Damned" and "Exit to Eden".

No quicksand in any of it, not even "Eden", which had no supernatural theme at all. It was about kinky people.

In my opinion, the best book of the three that I read was "Interview with the Vampire".

Nessie

Pretty sure I recalled you being a fan. ;)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:28 pm

One thing I have learned about at least a significant portion of the people in entertainment media is they all watch each other like vultures and immediately try to copy anything that seems to work. I may have the sequence wrong about who was first, but about a dozen years ago the radio program called Radio Lab did a piece about quicksand. They interviewed me, and probably others here. Within a very short period, I got calls from three different producers, and subsequent visits by two of them, all doing pieces on quicksand. One doing a piece on the science of quicksand for Weather Channel and another doing a piece about quicksand as a fetish for Vice Media. Two other producers here were involved in that as well. The third call was from producers of some sort of lifestyle program (similar to HBO Real Sex, I think) for Swedish Televison. They never came to my studio, however, mainly because they insisted on coming in April and I told them it is too cold then.

My point is, all we need, really, is for one program or movie to get attention with a quicksand scene and there will soon be scenes in every movie and TV show. Well, for a while anyway.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:15 pm

Fred588 wrote:My point is, all we need, really, is for one program or movie to get attention with a quicksand scene and there will soon be scenes in every movie and TV show. Well, for a while anyway.

Well, with the new "Quicksand" movie coming out, if it's a success, it might generate a whole spate of new copycat scenes. We can hope.

I, also, would love to see Alexandra sinking into something, but I think I'll wait to see mention of it turn up here first. I don't think I'll be giving AMC anymore of my time since "Walking Dead" ended. :x
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Return to “General Discussion”