Pete Boggs

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Ace

Re: Pete Boggs

Postby Ace » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:07 am

Sad to hear this. His was some of the earliest art in this community that I ever stumbled across as a ̶t̶e̶e̶n̶ legal adult. He and his work will be missed.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:10 am

April 1, 2023

Hell of a day to report something like this. I'll be straddling the fence until tomorrow before I can figure out if it's true and how to feel about this.

Peace,all.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

TheophiledeViau

Postby TheophiledeViau » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 pm

:shock: :cry: :o :(
Of all the times to get this news…seems appropriate, considering the date. He always was a joker.
I hope someone starts saving his post on DeviantArt sooner rather than later. Heck, I might just start doing that myself.

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:09 am

I saw word of this on DA and was planning to make a post here, but wanted to get some more information first. I reached out to the person I first heard it from and who had been in contact with him most recently. According to that person, Dennis Stahl, Aka Pete Boggs, passed acouple days before his birthday, which was March 28th (according to his DA page), so roughly a week ago, if DA is accurate with his birth date.

When I asked he went on to say:

"According to his closest friends, Denny had cancer (possibly colon) which became really aggressive and took him.
My last interactions were a week before he went. He was optimistic which is why it came as a shock to me"

Very sad news indeed. We have lost a true legend and inspiration.

I still remember, when I first came online back in the late 90's, he was the first quicksand artist I came across, from a link on the old The Quicksand Page, and the artwork he had created then still serves as inspiration for the art I commission. It may sound silly, but I always felt honored when I saw that he had faved something I posted.

Truly the community is diminished by his loss, but we must do what we can to honor his memory and the legacy of quicksand artwork that he started for us.

Rest well, you will be missed, but never forgotten. :*(

And for those not familiar with his artwork: https://www.deviantart.com/pete1672

----
Edit: This image was originally inspired by his artwork, now I dedicate it to his memory.
Ruins Rivalry by Toughset.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dethmetal on Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:32 am

Truly sad news.

I first discovered Pete from links on "The Quicksand Page" and "Kaol's Ol' Sinking Hole" back in 2000.  I was also BLOWN AWAY by his drawings... Pete's works gave me an appreciation and fascination of sexy, breasty women sunk and stuck breast-deep in quicksand and mud, with their arms stuck and pinned by their sides, and with their sexy cleavage slowly filling with thick ooze.  The facial expressions he drew for his ladies as they STRAINED to free those stuck arms were priceless.

I was fortunate in being able to chat with Pete over E-mail on occasions.  Once you got over the "stardom" factor, Pete was an everyday kind of guy. I seemed to lose track of him sometime after "Kaol's Ol' Sinking Hole" vanished from the web. I was pleased to see Pete resurface with his own page on DeviantArt a few years ago.  I recall him posting some really nice images in his Favorites and I commented on his page thanking him for doing that.  I believe he remembered me from way back when and was surprised that anyone would thank him for posting images in his Favs.

It was Pete's artwork, along with art by QSA and videos by Kaol, that gave me an appreciation of women submerging in quicksand or mud. What a whole new world they opened to me when they featured women going under.

Pete was indeed a huge influence for me and very inspirational. He was amongst the early pioneers of the Quicksand Community and a generous contributor. He will be truly missed.

Rest in peace, Mr. Boggs. Thank you for all you did for us!

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:50 am

Oh my, this is truly a sad loss for all of us. Pete's art has definitely also been a source of inspiration to me over the years. Not only was he skilled at drawing, but he had this kind of humor that just worked with the QS theme. He will be missed.

Rest in peace, Pete!
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:31 pm

he had a giant impact, he'll be missed
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Villein

Postby Villein » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:13 pm

Damnit. Rest deep, Pete.
PLEASE DELETE

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:52 pm

Dethmetal wrote:I saw word of this on DA and was planning to make a post here, but wanted to get some more information first. I reached out to the person I first heard it from and who had been in contact with him most recently. According to that person, Dennis Stahl, Aka Pete Boggs, passed acouple days before his birthday, which was March 28th (according to his DA page), so roughly a week ago, if DA is accurate with his birth date.

When I asked he went on to say:

"According to his closest friends, Denny had cancer (possibly colon) which became really aggressive and took him.
My last interactions were a week before he went. He was optimistic which is why it came as a shock to me"

And for those not familiar with his artwork: https://www.deviantart.com/pete1672

This falls in line with what I heard, other than the timing being off.

He was dealing with the cancer the last couple times I spoke to him, and he did indeed seem optimistic.

Dennis (in addition to having a great sense of humor) had an innocent vulnerability about him - which makes this seem extra sad. I hope the angels were there right away for him.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:01 pm

If you ever wanted to know what Pete sounded like (and understand the true depth of his humor), here is a link to a Youtube channel he had -

https://www.youtube.com/@rtnproductions5411/featured

There are many examples of him speaking imbedded in those videos, but the best, extended one I came across is here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPSO-1xvQCI&t=148s
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”