Quicksand Ardor

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
sakura_inverse

Re: Quicksand Ardor

Postby sakura_inverse » Sun May 10, 2009 6:08 am

good luck with it. i'll try to be one of your first customers.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quicksandvampiresandvore/
For more of my fiction, feel free to visit my Yahoo group

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun May 10, 2009 11:15 am

stefani_tg wrote:
jdguyb wrote:I decided to change the book title to Ardor

why did you decide that if the book is gonna be bout quicksand? :?

The title of a book doesn't always have to describe every detail of what it is about, you know. That hasn't been done since Victorian times. Back then you had stories called "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass, and What She Found There". Nowadays they are generally called "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" because they are much catchier titles. Would you prefer the book Contact was called "What Humanity Does After Getting Messages From Aliens"? And Flight of the Navigator would be called "The Little Boy That Got To Fly An Alien Spaceship".

He was going to call it Quicksand Ardor, but changed it to Ardor cause it is catchier. The cover art and the description on the back of the book will clue the reader in to the subject of quicksand, I'm sure.

nointelhere

Postby nointelhere » Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 am

There is a belief held by many writers that talking about what you are working on will drain away the creative energy that empowers you.

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Wed May 13, 2009 10:12 pm

nointelhere wrote:There is a belief held by many writers that talking about what you are working on will drain away the creative energy that empowers you.

This can definately be true (I have known persons who swear to this), and is something to keep in mind; however, not everyone suffers this effect. I myself have never had this problem. It has actually been the contrary in my case.

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Sat May 16, 2009 1:02 am

quagmire_uk wrote:The title of a book doesn't always have to describe every detail of what it is about, you know. That hasn't been done since Victorian times. Back then you had stories called "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass, and What She Found There". Nowadays they are generally called "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" because they are much catchier titles. Would you prefer the book Contact was called "What Humanity Does After Getting Messages From Aliens"? And Flight of the Navigator would be called "The Little Boy That Got To Fly An Alien Spaceship".

yes actually :lol:
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

Return to “General Discussion”