How did your fetish begin?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Duncan Edwards

Re: How did your fetish begin?

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:41 pm

QuicksandMania wrote:My earliest memory of quicksand comes from the 1965 movie "The Hallelujah Trail" which was broadcast on national television some time when I was a very small child. (I was born in 1966.) ..." I became obsessed with the topic and would routinely check new encyclopedia sets in the libraries for what they said about the subject. I remember an episode of "Lassie" that had a little boy in quicksand who looked just like me. Do not even get me started on "Tarzan's Hidden Jungle" which was challenging even before puberty.

EDIT: I should add that back in 2017 I took a diagnostic test and discovered that I am not on the spectrum of autism but land within spitting distance of it which might explain some of my peculiar traits. I know we have discussed this topic on this board elsewhere in the past. I think it bears relevance here.

As much as I've been able to reconstruct it, this is similar to my experience. I'm was born in 1963 and have vague memories of the scene in Guns of Darkness. Research shows it first aired on network television in 1965 at a time and manner consistent with my being right in front of the new 25" RCA that dad bought to watch Disney and Bonanza in color. I also remember Hallelujah Trail ,the Lassie episode you describe, all the original Gilligan's Island run, and a host of other moments. Walter Cronkite describing the Apollo I fire is in there too and I guess it's no surprise that I am likewise, as you know, a huge spaceflight geek. Television was obviously a big part of our formative years. Discovering that I was not alone in early 1995 was more akin to the universe being changed than just my life. There does appear be a streak of autism that runs throughout the community but this is where I diverge. Pretty sure I'm nowhere near that with my general lack of concern and attention to detail about most everything. Trouble with girls seems to be a common problem too but I was pretty successful there.

Retirement is in the plans for me next year. If I can somehow get myself back to a modest level of fitness I might get out there again. We'll see about that.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

TheophiledeViau

Postby TheophiledeViau » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 am

Honestly, I think my story is kind of boring. It was early in the 2010s, back when we didn’t have all these filters while searching on the internet. I was looking up the dynamics of quicksand and whether it was actually dangerous on Google, I clicked on Images, and began to go through pictures. One had the link ‘Quicksand Visuals’, and being too curious for my own good, I clicked on the link. As I browsed this odd new website, and, being an adolescent and seeing that there were undressed women, I felt this piqued my prurient interests, and one thing led to another from there.
There may be more to it, but I think that’s how it went. Like I said, kinda dull.

QuicksandMania

Postby QuicksandMania » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:07 pm

Apparently Facebook spies on my Web surfing habits as they relate to the quicksand fetish because it just placed this ad in my news feed:

https://www.routledge.com/The-Deep-Psyc ... D16896KTcJ

It looks like it might have some tangential answers to the title question of this thread. I have not read it. Perhaps someone here will and can review it for us from our perspective.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm

QuicksandMania wrote:Apparently Facebook spies on my Web surfing habits as they relate to the quicksand fetish because it just placed this ad in my news feed:

https://www.routledge.com/The-Deep-Psyc ... D16896KTcJ

I just read the (rather tortured) description.

Sorry, but I don't need an NTSB report on the relationship between my brain and my dick. :mrgreen:
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Jinn

Postby Jinn » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:04 pm

I started off being mortally terrified of quicksand as a pre-adolescent. When my relatives watched movies like Blood Beach and Neighbors I specifically remember having to exit the room in haste when the sinking started. Those scenes traumatized me.

Krull, The Princess Bride and The Dukes of Hazard sinking scenes (among others) all contributed to my terror.

Interestingly, I had the opposite reaction to the episode of The Mighty Hercules cartoon where Daedalus used the south winds to trap Helena in quicksand. Watching her wiggle her pretty little animated legs from under her crudely drawn pink minidress ignited an innate fascination, and fostered an early attraction. ‘The south winds have turned the ground to QUICKSAND!… I’m sinking fast!…’ Even just hearing her whimper and cry those words over the ambient bubbling sound effects was such a trigger.

Once puberty hit quicksand almost immediately became obsessively compelling and well, sexy. For me its allure thrived on the same frequencies as BDSM, WAM and DiD fantasies. It became an integral part of my artistic expression and an outlet for some deep rooted kinks.

Decades later when I watch TV or movies with quicksand scenes like Xena, Supergirl or Prey my anxiety is still prevalent when the sinking starts but I now have zero interest in leaving the room.
Visit my DeviantArt page to find my collection of sticky stories and perilous pictures: https://www.deviantart.com/jinnzou
**Remember to favorite and follow!**

QuicksandMania

Postby QuicksandMania » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

I have noticed my ongoing growth of skill at anxiety management methods like mindfulness, breathwork, hypnotherapy, meditation, and so forth has greatly eased my symptoms of both anxiety and fetishism. :ugeek: This has created a huge gap between stimulus and response for me now with regard to the media we post here. 8-) Overall this new sense of emotional self-regulation has become a blessing. :-D

Meeca

Postby Meeca » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:55 am

My fascination with quicksand began about the age of five and then it gradually developed into a fetish as I moved into my " tween " years, usually fueled by TV shows, comics and documentaries.

Return to “General Discussion”