Rhode Islander Looking for spots - Open to MA/CT

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
PA Jack

Re: Rhode Islander Looking for spots - Open to MA/CT

Postby PA Jack » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:39 pm

Years ago, my family spent summers in a community on Quonochauntaug Pond (Shady Harbor), and there were a number of locations on the pond side of the strip between pond and ocean, to the east of the breachway into the ocean. The down side is that they are very visible in daylight to boaters. Maybe try to search at twilight on summer nights, and hope to avoid all the mosquitoes.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

aMuddyToedBoy

Postby aMuddyToedBoy » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Aquarius66 wrote:
For the pinned spot, where do you usually go in? Towards the forest more or towards the river? Also there's a ton of plants growing in that spot the last time I was there. How do you deal with that? Or do they just go away every year and come back?

Yeah, I just bushwhack. Keep your feet high and arms up, mind the thorns, and move deliberately.

Thincard

Postby Thincard » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:03 pm

aMuddyToedBoy wrote:
Aquarius66 wrote:
aMuddyToedBoy wrote:
Aquarius66 wrote:

I usually go from the cornfield side but it's a pretty big pain lately with the amount of overgrowth there. That and you have to cross the river to get to the pinned spot and right now it's full of reeds and plants. I was also curious if there were any other spots nearby to that one. There looked like there could potentially be a few on the map but I haven't been down to any of them to confirm.

There's a few other spots along the river toward Meadow from the pinned spot, but none are as sprawling or deep and often have sticks in them from overhanging trees. Not bad to play around in if you can't be bothered about the hassle of trekking to the pin, but I haven't found any good get you stuck up to your chest kind of mud around like the pin.

There is a beaver pond just south of the pin that I haven't much explored, but it could be promising as it's the same soil composition and floods regularly from beaver activity.

How is the beaver pond?

quickmudarmpitfarts

Postby quickmudarmpitfarts » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:14 pm

Hey! Im another mudder from RI! Thought I was maybe the only one! Haha would definitely love to chat with a fellow mudlover :)

Return to “General Discussion”