Rhode Islander Looking for spots - Open to MA/CT

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Tokala

Rhode Islander Looking for spots - Open to MA/CT

Postby Tokala » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:11 pm

Hi there QS enthusiasts!

I am looking for some suggestions for some locations that would be at least waist deep at Rhode Island or nearby CT and MA! This has a been a long time fascination for me and just dying to explore this in RL and speak with any other local enthusiasts. I am open to chatting as well and establishing trust and such, since I know some of these spots maybe private.

I am an over 21m, athletic build, cute male, open to making videos in the mud to share with the group, if there is any interest. I also happen to be a pup too.

Can't wait to hear from my fellow New Englanders!

Thanks in advance!

aMuddyToedBoy

Re: Rhode Islander Looking for spots - Open to MA/CT

Postby aMuddyToedBoy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:19 pm

Hey, I couldn't reply to your message, but regarding the Pequabuck spot in CT-- parking is on Meadow rd, and my personal preference for access is off of Tunxis st, hopping the guardrail and following the east side of the river down.

Any time June and later when there hasn't been heavy rain it's great private, deep, soft, reliable mud!

Looks like your account needs to be older to receive messages? I'm not too familiar with this website, but feel free to message me if you have any other questions! I have an account on UMD that is more frequent if you're on there.

thegreatbigfail

Postby thegreatbigfail » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:51 pm

Never been to the Pequabuck River spot, but it sounds like it has some good mud and would eliminate concerns about getting caught. A bit too wet for a spot like that now though. If you don't mind the smell, tidal mud / marsh mud is generally excellent. The spots on the mud map at the Charleston Breachway look promising, but I'd definitely bring a friend to spots like that. Alternatively, quarry mud carries a lot of danger getting caught, but the mud at quarries is unbeatable. Before going to any quarry, I would check with others who have also been there regarding the status of security and when the best times are to go. Some places really don't want people getting in while others are relatively safe, so long as you're careful. Kinda up to how you want to approach things.

I would strongly recommend going to a larger forum like UMD and looking for people around our area. This is still a fairly lively forum, but UMD has this place beat by miles. I also have an account there and have met plenty of other mud enthusiasts and even set up a few mudding sessions with them. IMO, it's your best bet for finding good spots and/or finding mudding partners.

Boggyhoo

Postby Boggyhoo » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:04 pm

The mud map here is much better.

BH

Aquarius66

Postby Aquarius66 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:23 pm

aMuddyToedBoy wrote:Hey, I couldn't reply to your message, but regarding the Pequabuck spot in CT-- parking is on Meadow rd, and my personal preference for access is off of Tunxis st, hopping the guardrail and following the east side of the river down.

Any time June and later when there hasn't been heavy rain it's great private, deep, soft, reliable mud!

Looks like your account needs to be older to receive messages? I'm not too familiar with this website, but feel free to message me if you have any other questions! I have an account on UMD that is more frequent if you're on there.

I've been down to that spot a few times but from the cornfield side. It's a giant pain to get there but you said the Tunxis st is better? Where do you park for that side and how do you deal with all the plants that have grown there recently?

aMuddyToedBoy

Postby aMuddyToedBoy » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:27 pm

Aquarius66 wrote: I've been down to that spot a few times but from the cornfield side. It's a giant pain to get there but you said the Tunxis st is better? Where do you park for that side and how do you deal with all the plants that have grown there recently?

I haven't been down from the tunxis side in a while, so I imagine it's pretty well overgrown. Parking is the same spot and a bit of a walk, but as far as bushwhacking goes, I'm pretty comfortable just pushing my way through chest high brush so it's only an inconvenience.

That said, I think I prefer the cornfield side, if you enter in the right spot you can avoid much of the brush-- there's an opening under some older growth that leads pretty well straight to the reed field opposite the pin. It's still not easy but it gets easier each time I'm down there.

Aquarius66

Postby Aquarius66 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:17 pm

aMuddyToedBoy wrote:
Aquarius66 wrote: I've been down to that spot a few times but from the cornfield side. It's a giant pain to get there but you said the Tunxis st is better? Where do you park for that side and how do you deal with all the plants that have grown there recently?

I haven't been down from the tunxis side in a while, so I imagine it's pretty well overgrown. Parking is the same spot and a bit of a walk, but as far as bushwhacking goes, I'm pretty comfortable just pushing my way through chest high brush so it's only an inconvenience.

That said, I think I prefer the cornfield side, if you enter in the right spot you can avoid much of the brush-- there's an opening under some older growth that leads pretty well straight to the reed field opposite the pin. It's still not easy but it gets easier each time I'm down there.

I usually go from the cornfield side but it's a pretty big pain lately with the amount of overgrowth there. That and you have to cross the river to get to the pinned spot and right now it's full of reeds and plants. I was also curious if there were any other spots nearby to that one. There looked like there could potentially be a few on the map but I haven't been down to any of them to confirm.

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:54 am

near border with Massachusets along the coast, there's a place called Quicksand Pond on maps. does it really have quicksand and is it a good place to sink? deep?
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

aMuddyToedBoy

Postby aMuddyToedBoy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:49 pm

Aquarius66 wrote:
aMuddyToedBoy wrote:
Aquarius66 wrote:

I usually go from the cornfield side but it's a pretty big pain lately with the amount of overgrowth there. That and you have to cross the river to get to the pinned spot and right now it's full of reeds and plants. I was also curious if there were any other spots nearby to that one. There looked like there could potentially be a few on the map but I haven't been down to any of them to confirm.

There's a few other spots along the river toward Meadow from the pinned spot, but none are as sprawling or deep and often have sticks in them from overhanging trees. Not bad to play around in if you can't be bothered about the hassle of trekking to the pin, but I haven't found any good get you stuck up to your chest kind of mud around like the pin.

There is a beaver pond just south of the pin that I haven't much explored, but it could be promising as it's the same soil composition and floods regularly from beaver activity.

Aquarius66

Postby Aquarius66 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 pm

aMuddyToedBoy wrote:
Aquarius66 wrote:
aMuddyToedBoy wrote:
Aquarius66 wrote:

There's a few other spots along the river toward Meadow from the pinned spot, but none are as sprawling or deep and often have sticks in them from overhanging trees. Not bad to play around in if you can't be bothered about the hassle of trekking to the pin, but I haven't found any good get you stuck up to your chest kind of mud around like the pin.

There is a beaver pond just south of the pin that I haven't much explored, but it could be promising as it's the same soil composition and floods regularly from beaver activity.

For the pinned spot, where do you usually go in? Towards the forest more or towards the river? Also there's a ton of plants growing in that spot the last time I was there. How do you deal with that? Or do they just go away every year and come back?

Return to “General Discussion”