It Finally Happened....Caught In The Act!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
PA Jack

Re: It Finally Happened....Caught In The Act!

Postby PA Jack » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:52 am

I got caught once, in my teens, by a friend named Cathy. She was cool about it; we talked about my “interest,” and later actually went exploring/sinking together. I wrote and posted a story about it here years ago as jack c (Summer of ‘76). So it turned out very nicely for me.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Raptor90

Postby Raptor90 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:20 am

As far as being caught goes I'd rather that situation than one from trespassing haha

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:54 pm

Raptor,

It was pretty nice - a good memory.

Jack
Formerly jack c, years ago.

maria

Postby maria » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:32 am

Must have been a relief watching her ride into the distance!

I went sinking about a month ago- nothing special, but ended up waist deep and filming as well. Went back to the same spot a couple of weeks later and noticed footprints in the mud and then a whole stack of branches laid over the very spot I'd sunk into before. Someone had tried to make a bridge.

I scouted around and followed the disturbed ground - and in the process got stuck in knee deep clay. I had to film the moment as it genuinely happened by accident and was a bit unexpected. As I was struggling to pull my boots out, I looked up the embankment and saw a small camp made up in the bushes. It was only 4 car lengths away. Suddenly I panicked and there I was desperately tugging at my wellies trying to stop them sinking under :lol: and get away from the area. Of course though, I was stuck and slowly but surely the rims slipped under. I finally pulled myself out knowing I was in full view from where the little tent was, and had pretty much resigned myself to being caught.

I think they call it stealth camping these days. I didn't see anyone on the day, but have no idea whether the occupant of the tent was aware of the slurping and squelching noises coming from below their temporary shelter!

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:14 am

It would be awesome if we lived in a world where we didn’t have to hide our sinking activities. Europe isn’t nearly as bad as here in the United States. Half our population seems to be stuck up. It’s a downright shame too, because they’ve got no idea what they’re missing. Even without our fetish attachment to quicksand, it’s still a downright amazing activity. It’s incredibly relaxing to be laying on your back in silky smooth, sticky mud with at least a foot or two of it pressing down against your entire body, the mud squeezing against every part of your body, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes, while you breathe through a hose. Just be really careful that your breathing hose isn’t too long or you’ll asphyxiate from rebreathing the same air over and over again, as the oxygen within the hose will be depleted and replaced with carbon dioxide. I’ve considered buying a gas mask that has an extension to the filter canister that would sit up on the surface while I do a complete and very deliberate vertical submergence, having the mud completely cover over the top of my head, sinking down an additional foot or two below the surface. But that’s an adventure l’m not about do by myself, as there’s just a bit too much danger involved with such a sinking. Besides that, such an adventure needs to be videoed by others on the surface who can get multiple different perspectives, even using a few different cameras. Additionally, if I were to volunteer to be the gunny pig, I would likewise want to prove once and for all that MYTH BUSTERS actually got it wrong when they claimed that a person couldn’t possibly sink involuntarily beneath the surface. I watched that episode. They definitely got it wrong. They didn’t take into consideration that there’s many different types of makeups and thicknesses that all come under the heading of “quicksand.” Because whether it’s just sand and water, or sand, salt, clay, and water, it’s still quicksand. And it really doesn’t matter if it’s .1% sand to 99.9% clay, it’s still quicksand. The amount of each ingredient in the mixture, as well as it’s thickness, makes a huge difference in how it’s going to behave. Obviously such a sinking would take longer, but people who have involuntarily sunk beneath the surface didn’t sink down quickly. It took quite awhile before they went below the surface. And or course, it required a lot of panicking on their part.

Obviously there’s a few places that I wouldn’t even attempt to conduct such a sinking. The tidal mudflats off Alaska are some of the most dangerous places to go sinking in. Those along the SW coastal areas of England can be dangerous as well

Should people in here ever decide to prove that, without question, that a person can in fact sink down to their demise in quicksand, as your gunny pig, I would be adamant that a few extra safety precautions would need to be taken. Because if I’m volunteering to sink a foot or two BELOW the surface, that would also require having a couple of scuba tanks along with us for an extra bit of security just in case getting back up to the surface were to became harder than expected.

Anyhow, back to the topic…I have no doubt that being down to his shoulders in this quarry mud had to be extremely comfortable. Dude, you should have just stayed. You were already busted. No point in leaving after the fact. Besides, what if she was planning to come back and join you? I’ve disclosed one of my sinking locations, but I’m not sure if anyone has ever found it on their own. I know these locations tend to be secretive, but I don’t mind sharing. That’s because the locations are so large, that nobody could possibly have taken over my favorite places.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:42 am

Sinkman61 wrote:Just be really careful that your breathing hose isn’t too long or you’ll asphyxiate from rebreathing the same air over and over again, as the oxygen within the hose will be depleted and replaced with carbon dioxide.

As a general rule, whenever I use a breathing hose in my mouth (mine is somewhere around 6 feet long), I always only inhale through the hose, and exhale through my nose. That way, I always get a fresh supply of air, no matter how long the hose is. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:32 pm

At least she didn't ride off screaming,"Help! Police! Escaped looney!"
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Return to “General Discussion”