Guys what Is the feeling of sink in peat bog and how u get out of that?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Luca200000

Guys what Is the feeling of sink in peat bog and how u get out of that?

Postby Luca200000 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:17 am

I want in future sink in a peat bog, i never sank into mud or clay and i want to know how tò get out that it's One of the most importante part.
(I'm new there but i saw a lot of videos)

bogbud

Re: Guys what Is the feeling of sink in peat bog and how u get out of that?

Postby bogbud » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:39 am

There are countless different versions of peat-bogs and possible consistencies of the mud you find there.
The "classic" northern peatbog could also be a floating matress of vegetation above a body of quite clean water. Nothing of real interest for us guys here.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Luca200000

Postby Luca200000 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:43 pm

THX u for your information, actually I had not estimated that there are different types of swamps and peat, as I did some research and I read that where I want to go in the future is a type of blanket bogs. Can you give me some general advice on how to get out? And also what equipment is best to bring.
Thank you, and have a good day :)

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:18 am

I checked for photos of blanket bogs and some have been quite intruiging. Most show vast areas of heath, though.
Be prepared for lots and lots of hiking without finding any thick and deep mud. Check maps (real ones, not Google) of the area and search for lower laying areas where water can possibly accumulate.
Bring a stable and long enough stick, maybe a broomstick in case you don't find a branch of some tree. 4-5 feet long it can be used for hiking, probing possible spots and it helps distributing your weight in case you really hit a deep mudpocket by accident.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:44 am

Luca200000 wrote:I want in future sink in a peat bog, i never sank into mud or clay and i want to know how tò get out that it's One of the most importante part.

Yes, getting out is by far, the most important part. Good to see that for a beginning sinker, you have your priorities straight.
The next thing you need to understand is that by going barefoot, you stand the best chance of getting out. However (there’s always a “however”), there’s occasionally stuff down in the mud that may cause injury to your feet. So I always recommend some sort of footwear. And again, or HOWEVER, be careful when choosing footwear. It’s probably the most critical choice you’ll ever make when it comes to sinking, because it can make the difference between sinking until you can’t get back out or easily extracting yourself. You should aim for an easy escape, especially just starting out. So get lightweight footwear with a rubber sole that’s no wider than the footwear that it’s attached to. In this case, inexpensive scuba diving booties should work well for you. Just make sure that they’re high tops so they can’t be easily pulled off your feet by any suction. Low top or no top shoes are easily lost to the mud, leaving you barefoot again. By having high tops, they’re up above the ankles, which helps to keep them from bing pulled off. WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO PUT ON YOUR FEET CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTUALLY SINKING COMPLETELY BELOW THE SURFACE AND DROWNING OR ASPHYXIATION, or having yourself an absolutely amazing time. So if the sole of your footwear looks too big, it probably is. Keep in mind, once you lace up those extremely heavy work boots tight around your calves, your not going to be able to remove them when you’re feet are way down below you and you’ve sank so deep that your chin is now touching the mud, or the mud has climbed up the sides of your head and is about to cover up your nose. And when you desperately try to pull your feet up, you end up sinking down even deeper. Yes, this can really happen. Just like in the movies…except it takes longer…normally a lot longer. Don’t put something on your feet that’s going to create enormous amounts of suction, because you’ll never overpower the suction. You can learn to sink really deep…over time…lots of time. While that scenario is very real, it’s also very rare. But getting stuck isn’t that rare at all. Happens a lot. The difference between we sinkers and those that don’t is that while they’re making their snide comments about us, they’re also the ones who need to be rescued from the mud. It’s practically nonexistent for anyone who sinks regularly to ever need being rescued.

If you’re sensitive to being cold, you might want to seriously consider buying yourself a wetsuit. But make absolutely sure that it fits properly. Often times people who have never worn a wetsuit will go out and buy what they think is a properly fitted wetsuit. If your wetsuit is even slightly loose, it won’t work properly. It needs to feel really snug, not quite tight, but closer to tight than loose. That’s because it has to hold a very thin layer of water between your body and the suit. Your body will warm that water up, and because the suit both acts like insulation and holds that water in place so it doesn’t just run out the arms or legs, you’ll feel much warmer than you would be otherwise. It’ll also protect your body from any unexpected foreign matter in the mud. However, there’s certain kinds of mud that feel incredible against your skin. And you’ll loose that sensation. You can often find used wetsuits for dirt cheap. However, sometimes it’s better to just buy new. That’s because newer wetsuits have a lot more stretch, so they’ll fit better. When buying such a suit, buy one that looks smaller than yourself. It’ll stretch out and fit like a second skin…exactly as a wetsuit should fit. Tuck the tops of your booties in under the suits ankle cuffs, unless the ankle cuffs have seals on them. Then they go on the outside. Or, they’ll be a set of booties designed specifically for that wetsuit. Then the booties will have a seal that mates up with the seal on the ankle cuff, keeping the water out. And by the way…older wetsuits were designed to be worn over a bathing suit. The new suits are different. They’re specifically designed to be worn over directly your birthday suit. Forget the underwear or bathing suit, because those items hold more water, which can be annoying. Fit is crucial for a wetsuit. A good fitting wetsuit will actually be very comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time. But they’re going to take a bit of effort to get into. That’s normal. If it just slips right on, it’s way too big.

If you’re not sensitive to the cold, or if it’s not even cold, you can wear whatever you want. But loose fitting garments may make getting out harder, because more gooey stuff can stick to them. Don’t be surprised if your pulling 50 or more pounds of mud back up with you. Chances are as you sink that you’ll blow a nut or two. It’s not considered to be a fetish for nothing. Chances are also really high that, depending on how deep you sank, that you’re going to be really sore the next day. Of course, that’ll stop happening the more often you sink, because this activity doesn’t just let you blow your nuts dry, it exercises muscles you probably didn’t know you even had. If you start sinking often, you’re going to find yourself feeling fitter and fitter. I can’t think of another fetish that’s as taxing as sinking in mud. It’s not the sinking that wears you out. It’s the escape.

Now all you need is one peat bog. And hopefully someone with a little bit of experience for your first few times. Pay attention to what can go wrong in here. They’re very real. Fortunately, they’re also very rare. Just use a bit of common sense and you’ll be fine. Learn from what others have posted. There’s plenty of sinking talent in here. In fact, there’s probably no better source. So if you read about something that went bad for someone else, it’ll probably be the same for you as well.

Getting out of mud and clay requires very small, deliberate moves. That’s a matter for another discussion.

One more critical thing…
HAVE FUN!!!

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:31 am

Luca200000 wrote:THX u for your information, actually I had not estimated that there are different types of swamps and peat, as I did some research and I read that where I want to go in the future is a type of blanket bogs. Can you give me some general advice on how to get out? And also what equipment is best to bring.
Thank you, and have a good day :)

It’s really all quicksand, from the most basic to complex…

Most basic is just sand and water. That’s often fairly rare. And it can be in one place on day and move to another the next. There’s actually a position under the English Royal Family that helps to keep people from becoming trapped in the sands. England has some extremely dangerous quicksands when the tide is out. The danger isn’t sinking below…it’s being knee to waist deep when the tide comes rushing back in. This kind of quicksand is one of the most dangerous, because as fast as you’re digging the sand from around you, more is falling right back in. And when you try to pull up, it locks tightly in place, locking you in it’s grip.

Most common is sand, water, and clay in varying amounts. Those amounts change the entire consistency of the material. As well as the thickness. Can be the easiest to escape from. But it can also be somewhat difficult. Found in swamps, along rivers, and quarries. Probably the most common of all.

Take the one just above and add salt…now your in an salt water estuary. This stuff is extremely sticky. It can be extremely difficult to escape from. Here, tide (again) is the biggest danger.

They can all be dangerous if you’re totally careless. Anywhere where you have tides is the most dangerous…for the obvious…we don’t make for good fish.

Bring:
1. Foot protection
2. Sun burn lotion
3. An extra set of clothes if there’s no good place to cleanup afterwards
4. You may want to bring a wide board to help you get out so you have something to leverage yourself with.
5. Bring clean drinking water.
6. Bring a hat as well…to keep the sun off you.
7. Bring something that’ll stay dry for your keys and phone.
8. Bring someone along that’s done this activity before to give you guidance on your escape. Or…
Sink in very shallow areas until you learn how to escape, then venture into slightly deeper areas and again learn to escape. That used to be the only way to learn, because there was a time when there wasn’t an internet to make connections with. When I first started sinking, I thought I was unique. Only I had this strange love of sinking, and I didn’t know why, because it felt so darn good. I loved the feeling of having all that pressure squeezing in all over me. But why was I so different? Why did I spend so much of my time in the search of the next great sinking spot? Well, I wasn’t different. There was no internet to connect with. For me, I started searching for sinking spots back in the early 1970’s. I was about 8. My latest sinking was two days ago. I’m 61 and STILL sinking. I used to tell myself that I really needed to stop, because this wasn’t normal. That younger version of myself was wrong. There’s nothing wrong about it at all. You’re certainly not harming anyone. Sadly, here in the United States the average population has a stick stuck up their asses when it comes to anything they’ve never seen or done before. Lord forbid you ever step outside the box and do your own thing. If they don’t understand something then it must be wrong. It amazes me because if you do something like going on a mud run…that’s great. But get caught in the mud be yourself and they’ll think something’s wrong with you. Go to a spa and pay big bucks for a mud bath…great…but go do it on your own and it’s “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT GUY?” Well, he’s not the one with the problem, you are…you don’t have the slightest clue about one of the great pleasures this world has.

Just my grumbling…

Luca200000

Postby Luca200000 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:24 am

Thank you so much for all your advice.
Yours is an excellent story, even in Italy as in the whole world when something is alien to the mass this will go to criticize you calling yourself strange or other when it is actually a normal thing for themselves and above all makes us happy.
Anyway, have a nice day/evening and if you’re going to your sink Place have fun. :D

Mudfun007

Postby Mudfun007 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:46 pm

Luca200000 wrote:I want in future sink in a peat bog, i never sank into mud or clay and i want to know how tò get out that it's One of the most importante part.

209 / 5.000
Übersetzungsergebnisse
Übersetzung
If you want to go into the moor, be sure to take a rope with you. If it's deep there, you won't be able to get out. You don't sink. Up to the chest at most. The worst thing, however, is possible hypothermia.

Return to “General Discussion”