Oklahoma, etc.

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
lunanova

Oklahoma, etc.

Postby lunanova » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:18 am

Hey, y'all—long time Mud Enjoyer that's gonna be spending some time as a midwestie and missing their old spots for the duration. Hoping to do some scouting soon for venues to visit in a more proper capacity when the weather warms up again. I'll be checking out some of the map locations that are within reach before so long, but was wondering if anyone had any intel or spots they'd be open to talking about—*especially* in the northeast of the state, possibly open to creeping into KS and AR if the spot's good enough.

Old soil surveys imply good clay conditions to the north of where I'm at, but I'm not sure what best to look for when it comes to rivers and creeks, lakeside spots I've sought out so far have undergrowth a little too brutal to manage on foot, and I'm hoping to check out some quarry spots as well—though they seem pretty well-watched or tough to get into for looking by satellite. I'm hoping I won't have to drive *too* far, likewise, which makes things difficult in this state: I've heard about the Red River and might check it out come spring, but it's more than a couple hours by road and sounds potentially pretty dangerous for solo explorations.

Appreciate any info anyone's got—'till so long, thanks much!

Return to “General Discussion”