How do people get into making videos?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
H68785

How do people get into making videos?

Postby H68785 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:08 pm

I'd love to get into this as i find the videos fascinating as well as arousing but sadly I don't feel I'd know how to get working with a company like this, or even creating my own.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: How do people get into making videos?

Postby dlodoski » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:00 am

H68785 wrote:I'd love to get into this as i find the videos fascinating as well as arousing but sadly I don't feel I'd know how to get working with a company like this, or even creating my own.

https://www.youtube.com/@mpvtrails/videos

More specifically - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91m4TLh4ytk
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:37 am

H68785 wrote:I'd love to get into this as i find the videos fascinating as well as arousing but sadly I don't feel I'd know how to get working with a company like this, or even creating my own.

In my experience just about every producer I know, with one exception, started by volunteering as a crew member for another one. I suppose there have been at least two because someone had to be first. The exception I know about was myself - I started as a host for other producers, but I ended up crewing on the very first shoot I hosted so my experience was pretty much the same.

I would suggest putting at least half a season, and perhaps two halves over two years. If you are up front about your intent to become a producer that should not bother the producer and you might even be taught things most crew people would not be taught. Do not expect to be paid for crewing. If you did this for me you would be offered lodging and meals but not a wage. In the course of a season you would learn to use a camera properly and other things related to videography. You would also get to meet some of the models and learn how to make contact. And you probably be offered the chance to direct.

I would offer more piece of advice, which I think is good advice for any kind of business. First, have five or six times as much capitol as you think you ought to need. Second, develop a business plan for what you plan to do, and not do, and STICK TO IT unless you have a very good reason to not. If you try to combine three weak small business to make one larger and stronger, what you will get is a larger, weak business.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:42 am

So firstly, ditch the arousing part. Once you step over the line to being a producer, your priorities and perspectives change. This isn’t just for the fact that now you are representing a brand but rather now you are responsible for the well being and safety of the people you work with. Is it fun? Absolutely! We wouldn’t be producing if it wasn’t but chances are likely your head will be far too buried in the nuts and bolts of a shoot (and there are many).

For instance, one fan has exclaimed that my POV shots for the oil scenes we do are by far the hottest and that I must have a hard time concentrating when in fact, I am literally paying very little attention to what the ladies are doing in that regard. I have one eye on my camera asst, my other eye on framing my shot and making sure I am not in frame of Camera 3, I have a bottle of oil that I am doing this “Crane form Kung Fu” deal with because I don’t want my paws in the frame of the POV camera and I got my timestamp on my monitor so I can track how much time has elapsed for the scene. Trust me, you will be many things as a producer; aroused isn’t one of them. :lol:

The love and excitement truly comes from the reactions of people going off on the finished product you created. It’s a humbling and amazing experience and yes, it is like a drug. You look at the content producers before have made with a different lens (pun intended) and a newfound appreciation of the work they put into it.

As for how? Much of who you see on here have some form of education behind the camera before they started. It’s important to understand the basic vocabulary behind operating a camera, different angles, leading shots, etc. You don’t need to be George Lucas but you are expected to have all the boxes checked (good exposure, composition, steady shot, accurate color/white balance etc). Youtube has some good basic fundamentals to follow in this aspect as well as various editing tutorials if you are new.

I do recommend working under another fetish producer/photographer for a few to get acclimated to how a set should be ran. Preferably one who is reputable, respected and knows their way around a set. This is critical. On set behavior will be the difference between shooting with a model and shooting with a model only once because you said something off putting.

Beyond that, your biggest hurdle is really a location. The three things to look at are:
-Is it Safe
-Is it Legal
-Is it a nuisance

First one is pretty self explanatory. Make sure who you shoot with isn’t gonna get hurt trying to accomplish this shoot. Warm showers are also advised. Legal? Make sure you can shoot there. If it is not your property, ask permission first or rent it if possible. Nuisance? Make sure you aren’t gonna get the cops called on you or more so, have bystanders stumble across your shoot. Fred has digs available to rent if none of these things are available.

The next is finding a victi-oops…model to shoot with but that is the easiest part of all. LOL
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:16 pm

I was the first mud video producer in the US, I had never operated a video camera before but was skilled with a regular camera. So, I just started by filming myself using a tripod. You can learn a lot working things out entirely on your own, you can initially focus on learning your equipment and what it is actually like being in the mud yourself which will pay dividends later when working with models. And, there is no expense except for the video camera...

Your biggest problem will be either finding good mud locations to film at or learning how to deal with the mess of inflatable pools or some such. With respect to models, I'd recommend you try to find someone on a mud forum for you to film initially rather than spend a lot of money on a person who works as a model. You need to find out if you have or can develop the people skills needed to be able to work with and get a good performance out of your models as their director...

Your initial experiences will help you in making the next decisions on how to proceed. You may realize that you don't have the drive and the Will to make all of this happen, after all, I haven't even mentioned the distribution side of things yet. Basically you want to see what video production skills you natively possess, what skills you can learn, and what areas you may not be able to do well on your own and will need to work with others to get done right. And, somewhere along the journey, you'll need to decide whether you will have to remain an amateur and treat mud video production as a hobby or whether you have what it takes to become a professional...

I will pass along the most important lesson what I was taught when I received photography instruction from my father, who had worked for a little while when young as a Press photographer, first and above all concentrate on learning to frame the shot. I see many, many mud videos where part of the action is not fully filmed, to frame correctly, you need to learn to anticipate what your model is going to do next...

Get out there with your camera and have some fun learning to make videos! Remember, if you are successful in developing a business, the fun sometimes ends up taking a back seat...

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:11 pm

Anyone can take their girlfriend and an iPhone into the woods and make a video. Your question sounds more like you're asking the people who do it how they do it. There's some great, very valid, info from everyone here. I waited until some very smart people got done and now I'll add my two cents worth. I got into this because my best friend that I hadn't yet met invited me to join him. That could be the entire story, including happy ending, right there.

Fortunately I had a personal and technical set of skills that blended very well with most others that I worked with which included Dave, Fred, Kaol, Rob and Pam, and others. I was a serious amateur photographer with some education and a lot of experience around women. That was huge. Add the experience I had with video and sound, being outdoors, watching a lot of old movies, etc. and I was about as ready as you could be at the time.

Finally comes the part about having wanted to do it all my life. There's quite a few who have that desire down and just aren't able to make the rest of it work for them. There's been a couple with technical skills but tried to combine that with miserable people skills who likewise never got it right. Go spend a week with Fred at Studio 588 and if nothing else you'll learn some practical things and mostly you'll learn how serious you are about this. At the end of my first season with Dave at MPV I was already thinking about doing this before getting a lecture from a very serious veteran of fetish video about how and why I should not do it. I took his sage advice to heart for about two minutes and never listened to it again. I didn't do this because I wanted to do it. I did it because I had to do it. Looking back from this point in time it's obvious to me that my life would otherwise have a big hole left in it where the fun belonged. It's not easy, you won't make money, there's risk involved, you'll never get it right. Do you still want to do it? If the answer is yes then the rest is just details.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:28 pm

I reply to this once before but this time I will try to go to the question about working with a company. I can answer, of course, only concerning my company. The answer is very simple. First check your calendar and schedule at your job. If you do not have a reasonable amount of vacation time in the summer, then you are probably out of luck. Second, check what kind of budget you have. If there is not enough to get to central Arkansas next summer on your own ticket, then again you are probably out of luck. Third, are you reliable enough that if you make a commitment to show up to be a crewman on a volunteer basis, then do just that. Volunteer, schedule things, and show up. But try to keep in mind that if you commit to doing a shoot and then you don't show up or you cancel with just two weeks to go, then you probably will not be invited back a second time. That's about it.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:00 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote: ...Fortunately I had a personal and technical set of skills that blended very well with most others that I worked with which included Dave, Fred, Kaol, Rob and Pam, and others. I was a serious amateur photographer with some education and a lot of experience around women. That was huge. Add the experience I had with video and sound, being outdoors, watching a lot of old movies, etc. and I was about as ready as you could be at the time....

Yea.

'Knowing how to talk to girls'. It sounds cliché, because it is. It got that way because it's important.

I would have never started MPV down the production path if the 'girl' part was up to me. There is some humility involved in admitting that. But then, MPV has always been a collaborative effort (and it shows). So if you haven't already considered it, teaming up with others can have benefits.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:59 pm

dlodoski wrote:
'Knowing how to talk to girls'. It sounds cliché, because it is. It got that way because it's important.

I am a girl. I'm not really sure how I talk to girls. But it is different from men talking to girls.

One thing that helped me a lot was knowing my mudpits. Being an experienced sinker is best if you are going to tell someone else how to do it. Know where to go, what to do, and try the mudpit out yourself before you drag anyone else out there.

It helps a lot if you don't consider yourself or your shoot or what you're shooting and why you shoot it to be some kind of freakish weird thing. Be professional. Be confident about what you're doing. Just treat it like it's an actual, normal side job, which can be fun, and it's no big deal at all.

Always have their back for safety. That's where being experienced in sinking helps since you'll have answers for any questions.

And meet them first if possible, at a coffeehouse (no bars), so that they feel familiar with you before you start.

Some girls don't want to go to shoots alone. Always say yes if they want a chaperone.

But pssst, I do confess that being a girl myself was helpful. Two of my models got a look at me and said, "Nah. I don't really need him."

Nessie

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:49 pm

In addition to starting Studio 588, I have had experience starting several other small businesses. I have also encountered quite a few others who have started a small business attempting to turn an interest into a business. Particularly with the latter, I have observed tendencies to overlook certain things, almost always to the detriment of the business. One piece of advice I would offer is to think carefully about each of the different aspects of this sort of thing. For example, one the production side, think about what you need for photographic gear, video editing, lighting, computer equipment, on-line storage, transportation, and miscellaneous equipment. On the business side, consider how you will market what you produce, how you will take payment, how you will deliver the product, and what records you need to keep. You can do much of those things through third parties, of course, but each third party will want it's cut. Other aspects will include how you will recruit, house, feed, and pay actresses.

For starters, ask yourself some questions:

How many video cameras do I need? What editing software do I need, and do I know how to use it? If I am going to use natural sites, how can I be sure the mud will be deep enough? Is my computer fast enough to use the software I will need?

If you do not have solutions to ALL of these things you are probably not ready.

Return to “General Discussion”