Do leather leggings/knee high leather boots have an effect on how stuck you can get in mud/quicksand and why?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Skyguy_66

Do leather leggings/knee high leather boots have an effect on how stuck you can get in mud/quicksand and why?

Postby Skyguy_66 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:19 am

Just curious!

mudxdresser

Re: Do leather leggings/knee high leather boots have an effect on how stuck you can get in mud/quicksand and why?

Postby mudxdresser » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:18 pm

Most any footwear will have a top ridge or something that is not totally smooth on it that can act so as to provide resistance greater than a smooth surface which in turn will make it more difficult to pull your leg out of the mud. And if the mud can get over the top of the boot or waded, that will be even worse...

zxy070401

Re: Do leather leggings/knee high leather boots have an effect on how stuck you can get in mud/quicksand and why?

Postby zxy070401 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:56 am

It's obvious that your feet can't be straightend as normal. This shape will increase resistance, just like old cars from the last century. But as long as your feet can be straightened, it won't have any impact.

Boggyhoo

Postby Boggyhoo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:27 pm

It is obvious that you have never experienced any of this.

So your remarks will not have any impact.

BH

zxy070401

Postby zxy070401 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm

Boggyhoo wrote:It is obvious that you have never experienced any of this.

BH

Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.
You should study fluid mechanics seriously, then you will know why I said that. :lol:

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:40 pm

I think he was taking exception to your last sentence - about straightening your feet.

If you have ever had any experience with stuck feet, inside a shoe or boot or whatever, there is no straightening of the feet. You're basically screwed. It's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to other people.

So, maybe you want to clarify what you meant to say. Or perhaps just lean on your text books while you wait for someone with a shovel to dig you out.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:40 pm

zxy070401 wrote:
Boggyhoo wrote:It is obvious that you have never experienced any of this.

BH

Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.
You should study fluid mechanics seriously, then you will know why I said that. :lol:

The technical term for "straightening the feet" is "plantar flexion." This is the action to the position that gymnasts try to maintain at almost all times. Doing this with bare feet will certainly reduce resistance to pulling a leg vertically (along it's long axis) out of mud. With footwear, however, the benefit will be reduced or even eliminated, largely depending on the shape of the shoe (or boot). Also, aside from effects from the shoe shape, as different from the foot shape, any footwear increases the volume of the foot-shoe combination. It also probably changes the amount of friction between the shoe and mud. This effect might be quite dramatic. Another potential effect of footwear is an increase in the effective length of the leg, especially with any footwear that has any kind of heel. DL and BH are correct, IMHO.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:18 pm

Just from personal experience I can promise it's going to make a great deal of difference. Bare feet and legs will get you out of many situations that footwear alone will leave you stuck. Why? Unlike with water, the broad flat soles, relative to your foot, of any kind of shoe will make a seal that adds to the vacuum beneath your feet. Heaven help you if there's gravel involved. Also, mud is just freaking heavy and the more you have on the more will collect on you. Hard to move when you weigh an extra 200 pounds. We've had ladies with dresses on, or less, that had difficulty escaping the relatively forgiving Sodium Bentonite at Studio 588. The more you wear the worse it gets. I've never seen an exception of any kind.

zxy070401 wrote:It's obvious that your feet can't be straightend as normal. This shape will increase resistance, just like old cars from the last century. But as long as your feet can be straightened, it won't have any impact.

Weren't you asking about mixing clay and glue a few days ago? Do you really want to pretend like you know what you're talking about? :roll:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”