OpenAI teases ‘Sora,’ its new text-to-video AI model

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
BogDog

OpenAI teases ‘Sora,’ its new text-to-video AI model

Postby BogDog » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:53 am

OpenAI on Thursday unveiled its new text-to-video model Sora, which can generate videos up to a minute long based on whatever prompt a user types into a text box. Though it’s not yet available to the public, the AI company’s announcement roused a frenzy of reactions online.

Sample of an A.I. generated cooking video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1758219575882301608

LINK
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/openai-tease ... 08479.html
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Duncan Edwards

Re: OpenAI teases ‘Sora,’ its new text-to-video AI model

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:23 pm

This is approaching what I've been talking about for a while now and everybody is like "yeah, right." Well, see for yourself. And it's only going to get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agTJpLS7cjY
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:43 am

Holy shit... I knew this was coming. I just didn't think it'd be so soon.
Every actor/actress in the world just felt a chill run down their spine. :shock:

Edit: I honestly don't know if I'm happy about it or not. There are so many implications with this. It's a little terrifying.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:03 am

If it ever becomes available for public use, expect aggressive filtering against anything controversial or even slightly unseemly. The proprietary models have been relentlessly censored over time and it looks like they're applying everything they've learned to lock this one down from the get-go. And even if it were to leak or be replicated somehow, it looks safe to say that this thing takes more resources to run than perhaps any home computer can provide.

But this has been a strange and shocking decade so far, and we're not even halfway through. I wouldn't be too surprised to be proven wrong somehow.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:27 am

sixgunzloaded wrote:Holy shit... I knew this was coming. I just didn't think it'd be so soon.
Every actor/actress in the world just felt a chill run down their spine. :shock:

Edit: I honestly don't know if I'm happy about it or not. There are so many implications with this. It's a little terrifying.

Not really. They literally held Hollywood hostage and cost productions money for months for just this issue. Both Writers and Actors walked away with agreements that AI will not be used in that manner.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:32 pm

I can recall similar hype and glowing projections for a lot of things. This is one of the advantages of age. It might pan out and it might not. While I no longer have the citation information, except it was an article in a newspaper called The Chronicle of Higher Education, I remember a story reprinting one from an earlier time. That one quoted a state governor raving about a new technology that would mean greatly reduced cost of higher education for everyone. There would be no more need for expensive brick and mortar classroom buildings, no more highly-paid professors, no more campus parking problems, and on and on. The governor was quoted from a speech he delivered in 1927, and the technology raved about was "educational radio." It looks silly it retrospect.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:04 am

The way things are going, it looks like the day will eventually come when we will be able to take a quicksand scene, and replace the victim(s) with the opposite gender, furries, etc.! 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:08 pm

Boggy Man wrote:The way things are going, it looks like the day will eventually come when we will be able to take a quicksand scene, and replace the victim(s) with the opposite gender, furries, etc.! 8-)

And there you have it. The magic of AI will be that every user can have exactly what they want. If you want amazons, superhero types, 80's Supermodels, Asians, Ebony, fat chicks or femboys, you can have it. You can't beat that. If I can have Pamela Anderson, or Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Portman, or Bridgette Bardot, or create my own version of the deleted quicksand scene from George of the Jungle with only a few lines of text, I can have video as soon as the tech advances. And advance it will just as it has for everything else. I continue to be amazed at how few seem to grasp what is waiting and the wait won't be long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:42 pm

i'm imagining Pam in a scene from her VIP show... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:47 pm

MadMax359 wrote:i'm imagining Pam in a scene from her VIP show... :twisted:

Been there. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion”