Two swamps I found today

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
berlin4519

Two swamps I found today

Postby berlin4519 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:45 am

These are the two swamps I found today. The temperature is rising, and it won't be long before I can put on my 80s baywatch onepiece swimsuit and go for a full sinking. It would be even better if someone was there to film the whole thing. If someone appreciates the whole process of my sinking, it makes me climax.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Clay Lord

Re: Two swamps I found today

Postby Black Clay Lord » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:52 am

Hmm... Those buildings in the background might raise a couple red flags.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:26 pm

That looks wonderful!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 am

While they do look like excellent sinking spots, the locations of those two areas are totally too risky in terms of being seen and attracting unwanted attention. :oops:

Also, the first one has some patches of white residue on it, which may indicate that it may not be something you would want to expose your skin to (could cause burns, or be poisonous), and should perhaps be avoided. :?
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 am

That's private property and looks like an active site.
Go for it, what could go wrong :lol:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

berlin4519

Postby berlin4519 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:55 am

Boggy Man wrote:While they do look like excellent sinking spots, the locations of those two areas are totally too risky in terms of being seen and attracting unwanted attention. :oops:

Also, the first one has some patches of white residue on it, which may indicate that it may not be something you would want to expose your skin to (could cause burns, or be poisonous), and should perhaps be avoided. :?

You're absolutely right. You're an experienced expert. How do you know that white residue is irritating to skin?

berlin4519

Postby berlin4519 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:58 am

Boggy Man wrote:While they do look like excellent sinking spots, the locations of those two areas are totally too risky in terms of being seen and attracting unwanted attention. :oops:

You're absolutely right. You're an experienced expert. How do you know that white residue is irritating to skin?

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 am

The buildings might make it look sketchy but there are a surprising number of quarries that don't employ security. Beer Thirty rolls around and the place turns into a ghost town. I would do some surveillance before indulging.

Oh yea, don't break the law trespassing is bad. ;)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:16 am

berlin4519 wrote:

I am just making a guess, because it is an industrial site, and who knows what they are dumping with the water into that settling pond! :? Also, I have had a bad experience with crossing the mudflats of an alkali lake a number of years back. The mud was bottomless and extremely enjoyable, but covered with a white crust and smelled like a seafood buffet. The clay ranged from very fluid to so thick that I had to hold my two hands together to use the strength of both arms to move my hands through the mire to churn it. I spent hours crossing the mudflats before going back in for a sink in a super thick spot. I didn't want to get anything in my eyes, so I never sunk past my neck, just to be safe. Each time I exited, I had white flakes stuck to my clay-covered legs, mostly my calves. When I tried entering the lake to wash it off, I quickly sunk to my waist in the mud without feeling any bottom, and turned around and exited, with the flakes sticking to my lower legs again. Because the lake was completely surrounded by mud, I had to walk to an adjacent lake to wash the mud off (actually I washed off in two adjacent lakes in the chain). Washing away the clay revealed blisters on my skin on my legs, mainly from the knees down (alkali burns can be almost painless, with me feeling only some slight stinging sensations)! :shock: The blisters peeled off, and over the following days, the pink skin underneath turned darker pink, then red, then brown and then black! :shock: It took around 5 weeks for it to heal and the black scabs (dead skin) to come off, leaving me with some scars with some slight indentations, and white spots/lines on my legs (the worst damage was wherever there were scratches and insect bites during the exposure)! :x
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:43 pm

Boggyman is right. I'd be extremely wary of what I'm seeing in these photos. The white stuff could be, and likely is, gypsum, ammonia, or some nasty alkali agent that will mess you up. Too many different colored patches in one of them for it to be anything but some kind of dump. Not good.

The proximity to an industrial site and the lack of any digging equipment really says this is a dump. Not a quarry. Look around for a nice sand quarry operation. Brown, tan, yellow mud without a lot of different colored spots is what you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”