Facebook find...

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Mudbogz

Facebook find...

Postby Mudbogz » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:15 pm

I am a member of numerous model groups on Facebook and ran across this this morning... Note the hourglass held by the skelly... as if to say 'Tick Tock... Time is running out!'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rusty Shackleford

Re: Facebook find...

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:29 am

That's a really cool find, thank you for sharing!

Mudbogz

Postby Mudbogz » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:55 am

I've read accounts of these mud filed shell holes during WWI... There have been reports that at least those on the allied side were ordered NOT to attempt to rescue anyone who fell into these mud filled holes due to the danger of the rescuers being dragged in with the victim. I can't think of a worse way to go... nor how it felt to watch your friend sink to his demise knowing you were ordered not to help...

Shylie

Postby Shylie » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 am

Mudbogz wrote:I've read accounts of these mud filed shell holes during WWI... There have been reports that at least those on the allied side were ordered NOT to attempt to rescue anyone who fell into these mud filled holes due to the danger of the rescuers being dragged in with the victim. I can't think of a worse way to go... nor how it felt to watch your friend sink to his demise knowing you were ordered not to help...

The harrowing accounts of soldiers in WWI facing mud-filled shell holes reveal the unimaginable horrors of war and the agonizing choices made.GB WhatsApp Download

Return to “General Discussion”