quicksand location..

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

quicksand location..

Postby jagfiles » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:29 am

In some tv shows/movies it's no surprise that they have a quicksand scene when it does appear (though the presence of it doesn't make it anyless welcome like in The Dukes of Hazzard or Fantasy Island).
So here's a interesting question. In what tv show/movie had the most surprising quicksand scene or reference to quicksand?
For example I saw this sci-fi show once that was made from 1966-67 about some alien super hero that defened the earth from various monsters. In one episode it took place on a farily far off space station that needed repairs. The only place close enough that had what was needed was a close by planet that Earth had planned to revisit (Earth was too far off to get what was needed because there was a time factor as to when the repairs needed to be done) Turns out one guy in charged mentioned on the alien planet the danger of the presence of quicksand (though it was never actually shown it was referred to in this case) It'd be like seeing a quicksand scene in Star Trek (though I 100% realize there'd never been no such scene in any Star Trek series or movie)
I realize this may be a crazy offbeat questin but is there anyone else that can think of such a reference (and not just necessarly in sci-fi)

chefothefuture

Re: quicksand location..

Postby chefothefuture » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Though not exactly QS, there was an episode of Star Trek TNG, where some icky black goo evil thing ate Riker....

Also- the whole premise of "Blazing Saddles" centered around QS.....

Return to “General Discussion”