question fun...

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

question fun...

Postby jagfiles » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:33 am

Got a question here for everyone.
How many have you seen in quicksand in a tv show or movie in a TV show or movie?

How many have been in quicksand at the same time in a movie or quicksand?

What is the longest quicksand scene that has been filmed in a TV show or movie?

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: question fun...

Postby dlodoski » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:47 pm

jagfiles wrote: ...What is the longest quicksand scene that has been filmed in a TV show or movie?

As far as I know, the longest was always considered to be the Combat episode (TV).

But that may have been surpassed by the recent 'Quicksand' movie. I guess one would have to distinguish between screen time and the supposed chronology of the story itself.

But then certain soap operas may actually win this, since many people didn't get rescued until the next day - or sometimes over a weekend. Hope they got paid well.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:43 pm

dlodoski wrote:
jagfiles wrote: ...What is the longest quicksand scene that has been filmed in a TV show or movie?

As far as I know, the longest was always considered to be the Combat episode (TV).

But that may have been surpassed by the recent 'Quicksand' movie. I guess one would have to distinguish between screen time and the supposed chronology of the story itself.

But then certain soap operas may actually win this, since many people didn't get rescued until the next day - or sometimes over a weekend. Hope they got paid well.

I guess we can say COMBAT was the longest TV show scene and QUICKSAND has the longest scene in a movie as well as overall.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:13 am

Second question - you mean what is the most people in a quicksand pit at once, in any TV show or movie? Three guys in a Six million $ man episode.

first question - yes, I've seen quicksand sinks in TV and in movies but the only movie that comes to mind is Beastmaster. mostly on TV shows that I've seen quicksand sinking.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:13 am

cbqdbq wrote:Second question - you mean what is the most people in a quicksand pit at once, in any TV show or movie? Three guys in a Six million $ man episode.

Don't forget the three models in the Sheena scene!

But there were a bunch of people in quicksand in the Krull scene (at least half a dozen)!
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:09 am

Boggy Man wrote:
cbqdbq wrote:Second question - you mean what is the most people in a quicksand pit at once, in any TV show or movie? Three guys in a Six million $ man episode.

Don't forget the three models in the Sheena scene!

But there were a bunch of people in quicksand in the Krull scene (at least half a dozen)!

I forgot about that Krull scene
Too bad Sheena couldnt have fallen in as well

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:40 am

For how many people at once, how about the movie The Mongols? It was really just water (supposed to be the Pripet Marshes on Polish border with Russia), but there were dozens of Mongol horsemen shown “swimming” around, with quicksand supposedly underneath on the bottom, and a somewhat interesting female submersion with Anita Ekberg.

And I watched every Sheena episode hoping that she would fall in . . . Sigh.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:57 pm

PA Jack wrote: ....And I watched every Sheena episode hoping that she would fall in . . . Sigh.

Nah, if she did, they probably would have had her turn into a beaver first!

Uh, wait a sec.... :D
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:28 am

The Mongols would have been ten times better if they had just had a sawdust budget. It would have been one of the best of all time if they'd used something properly mucky.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:44 am

ghostofmyeyes wrote:The Mongols would have been ten times better if they had just had a sawdust budget. It would have been one of the best of all time if they'd used something properly mucky.

Absolutely. The Anita Ekberg scene, with the gradual sinking (after the initial plunge off her horse), pleading, and submersion, would have been so much better.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Return to “General Discussion”