What is sinking in clay like?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Muyro

What is sinking in clay like?

Postby Muyro » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:52 pm

I saw a poll earlier that said most people prefer to sink in clay than other substances. What is it about clay that’s so nice? I haven’t done much sinking but I discovered a potential quarry that seems to have clay. Just curious what I’m in for.

Thanks!

Metablip

Re: What is sinking in clay like?

Postby Metablip » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:13 pm

It's uncannily smoother compared to other types of mud; and if you find stuff on the thicker side, its an amazing blend of thar silky texture + being stuck/held/bound.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:59 pm

Muyro wrote:I saw a poll earlier that said most people prefer to sink in clay than other substances. What is it about clay that’s so nice? I haven’t done much sinking but I discovered a potential quarry that seems to have clay. Just curious what I’m in for.

Thanks!

As I am a videographer and not a "sinker" myself, I cannot comment personally on anything related to one's preference. I have, however, personally observed and talked to nearly 120 models and a few dozen others when they visited Studio 588. Among the models, some say they like the clay best and some say they like the peat best. Some, however, have said they disliked one or the other. The overwhelming majority of the other people have said they preferred the clay.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:51 pm

I have never been in pure clay as this stuff is not around here. I also don't enter quarries or other fenced-off property.
But i have knowledge about silty mudflats and can compare it with my usual peat-bogs.

Sinking in fine sediment (like silt and even more clay) feels really smooth and steady. That tidal mudflat i know is a couple feet deep and that accumulated silt is all the same consistency without any obstacles like sticks, stones, whatever. Also it sparkles like silk in the moonlight. Compared with peat it's also more dense and you get more stuck and also much!!! more muddy when twisting and churning around while trying to get out of it again. On the other hand it's much more difficult to sink really deep in that stuff and probably nigh-impossible to sink over your head in it.
When the time and tide fits i use that spot for some more "innocent" mudplay ;)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Muyro

Postby Muyro » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:55 am

bogbud wrote:I have never been in pure clay as this stuff is not around here. I also don't enter quarries or other fenced-off property.
But i have knowledge about silty mudflats and can compare it with my usual peat-bogs.

Sinking in fine sediment (like silt and even more clay) feels really smooth and steady. That tidal mudflat i know is a couple feet deep and that accumulated silt is all the same consistency without any obstacles like sticks, stones, whatever. Also it sparkles like silk in the moonlight. Compared with peat it's also more dense and you get more stuck and also much!!! more muddy when twisting and churning around while trying to get out of it again. On the other hand it's much more difficult to sink really deep in that stuff and probably nigh-impossible to sink over your head in it.
When the time and tide fits i use that spot for some more "innocent" mudplay ;)

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish I lived near some type of mudflat to try out

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm

Muyro wrote:What is it about clay that’s so nice? I haven’t done much sinking but I discovered a potential quarry that seems to have clay. Just curious what I’m in for.

Thanks!

I love my quarry settling pond because it's deep (effectively bottomless) sinkable mud that's almost completely debris free in a semi private setting. You struck gold!

I think the biggest difference between clay and 'regular' mud is the suction. Just keep in mind it can take time and patience to work yourself back out especially if you get really deep, like over your shoulders. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:45 pm

I will add to what I posted earlier that nearly everyone likes the water crystal pit and no one particularly liked the cork pit. Their enjoyment of the indoor water crystal pit is probably an unfair comparison, however, as it is heated to over 90 degrees when in use. The dislike of the cork seemed mostly due to the tendency of the cork to stick aggressively to anything that was damp, such as lips.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Muyro

Postby Muyro » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:26 pm

Mynock wrote:
Muyro wrote:What is it about clay that’s so nice? I haven’t done much sinking but I discovered a potential quarry that seems to have clay. Just curious what I’m in for.

Thanks!

I love my quarry settling pond because it's deep (effectively bottomless) sinkable mud that's almost completely debris free in a semi private setting. You struck gold!

I think the biggest difference between clay and 'regular' mud is the suction. Just keep in mind it can take time and patience to work yourself back out especially if you get really deep, like over your shoulders. 8-)

Does this location look promising?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:44 pm

Muyro wrote:I saw a poll earlier that said most people prefer to sink in clay than other substances. What is it about clay that’s so nice? I haven’t done much sinking but I discovered a potential quarry that seems to have clay. Just curious what I’m in for.

Thanks!

It's really freaking slippery. Do the math on that one. :mrgreen:

Skylar_BlowinSkylarBubbles2000_03.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:07 am

Oh! How awesome Skylar and clay!

Return to “General Discussion”