quicksand references..

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Mudbogz

Re: quicksand references..

Postby Mudbogz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Well lets see... The incredible hulk had a scene... Bionic woman had a scene, and the 6 million dollar man too if I remember correctly. I seem to remember a scene from the original "Space Ghost" Cartoon with both Jan and Jace being stuck. There was also a scene in the older cartoon, "Clutch Cargo" where a truck sank. The New Adventures of Johnny Quest had Race's daughter sinking. Then there was the Submariner cartoon with Namorita sinking in... (wait for it...) "The Quagmire of Dooooooommm!!!" (cue dire music) duhn duhn duhnnnnnnn....

Wayne

jagfiles

Re: quicksand references..

Postby jagfiles » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:57 am

I happen to be watching an old western called Tate. It's about a Civil War vet that's a bounty hunter and he also goes around helping others that need it (like in Have Gun Will Travel). In an episode called Bount Hunter Tate had to cross a river that was marked of as having quicksand and had to follow a strung up rope. Turns out a bounty hunter was after him (someone mistook him for a crime he didn't commit) and when the bounty hunter was taking him back after a rain storm that washed out the rope they were kicking back and forth as to cross the river Tate even saying that "The quicksand more than likely shifted after the river had risen." Turns out the bounty hunter wound up in it and was rescued by Tate though the sinking was a bit lame in my opion. The quicksand was underneath the water and you actually didn't see it clearly if at all.

Return to “General Discussion”