quicksand references..

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

quicksand references..

Postby jagfiles » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Here's a fun question.
Which tv show would you say, first has had the most quicksand references and secondly the most people stinking in quicksand overall?
Offhand I'd say The Dukes of Hazzard has had the most references and though I haven't seen the show I saw a clip of Shera with three gals in it at once.
Also I know I said tv shows but I remember the movie The Land That Time Forgot had several people in quicksand at once.
Who's next?

jack c

Postby jack c » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:41 am

Dukes is the only series that I remember having two quicksand scenes - both young women - the Catherine Bach one is a classic. There are may othert TV series with one scene. Sheena is the one show I know that had three QS scenes: one male scene, then one with a bunch of models walking into a pit, and Sheena saving them, and then on female scene later where Sheena saves the one woman. No other series with more.

Of course, the Tarzan series of movies (many actors) had the most quicksand scenes of all, male and female. Tarzan's Hidden Jungle with Vera Miles is the best scene ever filmed - good 10 minute lost build up - extended lost build-up, and good Tarzan rescue.

I think the old TV show "Lassie" had two scenes, but they were both with juvenile males and not of much interest. Search Youtube and you will find most of these clips.

jagfiles

Re: quicksand references..

Postby jagfiles » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:20 am

Yeah I forgot about the Lassie ones. Come to think of it there was a third one on Lassie where Lassie was staying at a ranch in the later years.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Fantasy Island had three episodes with quicksand (two with males, one female).

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 am

In the movie "Krull", a bunch of men get caught in quicksand, and one doesn't make it out. Here is the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFuofdiT8wE#t=3m18s
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 am

Gilligan's Island had 3 quicksand scenes (2 male, 1 suitcase) and at least one reference to it in conversation.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Just remembered one reference. It was in a show called Promised Land (spin off of Touched by an Angel).
Quicksand was just mentioned in conversation and was just used as a metaphore in this case.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:50 am

DangerGirl wrote:Gilligan's Island had 3 quicksand scenes (2 male, 1 suitcase) and at least one reference to it in conversation.

Yeah, I remember the sinking suitcase...it didn't do that much for me.

I think there was more than one spoken reference, though. My childish memory tells me that there was enough talk to make me think that the whole island should have been riddled with the stuff. Only two actual scenes, though. TWO! One for Skipper and one for a guest star (butterfly-collector guy).

There was one sitting-in-the-mudpit scene with Ginger and Mary Ann. Not being quicksand, though, to me it was just another non-delivering teaser.

Gilligan's Island...all talk and nearly no sinking!

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 am

Nessie wrote:
DangerGirl wrote:Gilligan's Island had 3 quicksand scenes (2 male, 1 suitcase) and at least one reference to it in conversation.

Yeah, I remember the sinking suitcase...it didn't do that much for me.

I think there was more than one spoken reference, though. My childish memory tells me that there was enough talk to make me think that the whole island should have been riddled with the stuff. Only two actual scenes, though. TWO! One for Skipper and one for a guest star (butterfly-collector guy).

There was one sitting-in-the-mudpit scene with Ginger and Mary Ann. Not being quicksand, though, to me it was just another non-delivering teaser.

Gilligan's Island...all talk and nearly no sinking!

Nessie

Don't forget that there was a dry quicksand scene in one of the Gilligan's Island movies (dry sand on top of cardboard?). The Professor was with a female, and as he brought her to that area, he said "mind the quicksand" to her (too bad she didn't fall in). Gilligan later came there and stepped into the quicksand, and as he began to sink, the Professor wasn't paying attention to him, and didn't want to listen to Gilligan's jabbering, until Gilligan finally got to the point and said, "help!", just as he sank under the quicksand. There were some nice humorous sucking sounds dubbed in as he sank. The professor pulled Gilligan out, who later on talked about how deep he sank, using his hand to show how far he progressively went down at a few different points of his sink, saying something like "The quicksand was up to here. And then it was up to here. And then it was up to here...".
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:18 am

Nessie,

I agree that Gilligan's Island was a waste in progress. Both Ginger and MaryAnne should have each had their own dramatic quicksand scenes. The stupid mudbath scene was just that - stupid. They discussed and admitted all the time, that on the other side of the island, there was quicksand galore - we just almost never got to see it.

Too bad, with Ginger and MaryAnne - too good to pass up, but the directors did - too bad!!!

Return to “General Discussion”