How would you have filmed it?...

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
water_bug_62208

Re: How would you have filmed it?...

Postby water_bug_62208 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:11 am

I would like to see the Quicksand Scene in Bare Essentials improved a bit.

Keep: Lisa Hartman. :D She's got a gorgeous face, and great figure, and outstanding legs! :D

Keep: Lisa's outstandingly brief attire of a white, long-sleeve shirt, bikini briefs, and white shoes.

Change: The storyline a bit with her lost in the jungle wandering around and beyond earshot of Gordon.

Keep: The storyline of her walking into the quicksand with those great, slurping sound effects of stepping into the mire.

Keep: The storyline of Lisa coming to an abrupt halt, pitching forward, and leaning back and pulling to free her stuck feet.

Change: SHOW SOME REAL QUICKSAND OR MUD! Don't hide it with grass.

Keep: The part where she's calf-deep in the mire, tries to step forward, but is jerked back because her lower legs really are stuck fast.

Keep: The part where she's got her arms spread out for balance and saying, "This isn't happening."

Change: SLOW DOWN THE SINKING! SHOW THE MUD! Have Lisa's legs struggle more in her effort to get free. A steady decent from her calves to her knees to her thighs would've been so nice.

Keep: The storyline with Lisa screaming for help as she sinks to her thighs.

Keep: The storyline where Lisa is mired to her upper thighs as she reaches for something to pull herself out.

Change: Don't have her fall backwards when pulling on the stick for freedom. Provide a vine above her she can reach up to, pull on, and have snap so she is still sinking into the quicksand.

Keep: Have eventually sink to her waist then chest in the mire.

Change: When she's rescued by the guy on the island, make him have to work to free her. He needs to be exerting more effort to pull Lisa free of the quicksand's tenacity and suction to show just how stuck she really was.

jack c

Postby jack c » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:55 am

A couple of scenes to redo:

Daisy Duke - as sexy as this scene was, like Nessie said - too fast. She plunges in like it's water (it is) and is shoulder-deep immediately.

Tarzan's Hidden Jungle - best mainstream scene ever, good initial Vera Miles sink in to her knees. But then they show the stupid snake and she goes in to her chest too fast after that. Some good chest-deep reaching and struggling, but she really isn't sinking in any deeper. Could have been even better, and I am convinced that someone with this fetish interest was involved in the making of that scene.

All My Children - great slow scene - extended conversation with the girl chest deep and the guy standing next to her before going for the rope. But she gets stuck by just falling on her butt - too bad the sink wasn't as good as the rescue.

Bare Essentials - great actress, Lisa Hartman, but too fast and not enough footage of the quicksand itself.

Valley of Mystery - almost a perfect scene - wish they had showed Lois Nettleton the whole time instead of flashing back to Peter Graves running to save her.

Male scene in Combat - make it a woman!!!!!!!

Hercules, Incredible Journeys - make the sand wetter and ditch the boy hanging onto the buxom heroine's neck!!!

Amuck - another almost perfect sink, except the bog itself is not thick enough to be genuine. And the video quality is pretty grainy.

GENERAL COMMENT - make the quicksand thicker and more real in almost all the filmed scenes. Even in the slow ones, you can tell that the actress is touching bottom to artificially slow the scene down. Like, it's apparent that Vera Miles is really floating and not sinking in THJ scene.

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:03 pm

That Tarzan movie - I cant remember the name right know offhand, the one with Sean Connery in it. Three people get killed, a man, a woman and Connery's character. Connery get shot with an arrow, the girl falls into a spear pit and the other man stumbles into quicksand. I would have it as:

First man - Fall into spear pit chasing Connery about the locket
Connery's part - die the same as before
The woman - running away from her nemesis right into the quicksand.

The mire was great in that movie too. That wet, grainy sandy muck !!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:41 pm

add my vote to the Daisy Duke scene... she shouldn't go more than thigh deep at first, then take the rest of the show sinking and getting rescued

and since i wouldn't care about the network censors, the Duke boys wouldn't even find her til she was just up to her boobs... and she'd get the bright idea of whipping off her little blouse to try and throw to them to pull her out... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 pm

MadMax359 wrote:add my vote to the Daisy Duke scene... she shouldn't go more than thigh deep at first, then take the rest of the show sinking and getting rescued

and since i wouldn't care about the network censors, the Duke boys wouldn't even find her til she was just up to her boobs... and she'd get the bright idea of whipping off her little blouse to try and throw to them to pull her out... :twisted:

Let's have a little more visuals with this scene...

Let's have Daisy gets stuck about calf-deep in quicksand to extend the "leggy" portion of the sink. We know she's stuck fast as we get to watch her pulling futilely on her legs. And, as you note, take the rest of the show for her to sink with us coming back to Daisy as she sinks just a little deeper over time... say calf-deep at the initial stuck, knee-deep for the second scene, mid-thigh-deep for the third, upper thigh-deep for the forth, hip-deep with a butt-deep angle added as she looks behind her to call for help for the fifth, waist-deep for the sixth, midriff-deep for the seventh, lower chest-deep for the eighth, mid breast-deep for the ninth, and with her cleavage just showing above the quicksand's surface for the tenth where the Duke boys finally find her, and, yes, she has to remove her shirt to throw to them so they can pull her out... and, it should take the Duke boys several minutes of effort to pull her free.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Here's another Dukes of Hazzard scene I would have done differently. The episode Coy Meets Girl. That's another example of a fast sink. She immediately sinks to armpit depth. I would have drawn that out longer as well. When she walks into it she goes perhaps waistdeep then sinks gradually til Coy finds her.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:14 am

jagfiles wrote:Here's another Dukes of Hazzard scene I would have done differently. The episode Coy Meets Girl. That's another example of a fast sink. She immediately sinks to armpit depth. I would have drawn that out longer as well. When she walks into it she goes perhaps waistdeep then sinks gradually til Coy finds her.

I would have made the sinker about 10 years older too... or better yet, have Daisy in there instead... :D

James diGriz

Postby James diGriz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Michelle Greene, the actress in "Coy Meets Girl", was born in 1962 making her 20 at the filming of the scene in Dukes of Hazzard.

Perhaps you are thinking "more developed"?

MjM
How unfortunate you didn't have a proper guide to navigate these swamps.

DarthMau

Postby DarthMau » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi! Some years ago i found this pic from Michele Greene afther the quicksand scene. Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:54 pm

James diGriz wrote:Michelle Greene, the actress in "Coy Meets Girl", was born in 1962 making her 20 at the filming of the scene in Dukes of Hazzard.

Perhaps you are thinking "more developed"?

MjM

No... just that she was playing a lot younger than her age in that scene... but maybe I'm being overly sensitive... :)

Return to “General Discussion”