I'm mad

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
cududes

I'm mad

Postby cududes » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:48 pm

You know how hard it is to hard it is to find a good mud spot. Then you have to find the right time to go. Then the weather needs to cooperate. Then you get to fight the bugs and the weeds to get to your spot.

And what do you find.

A boat full of fisherman tied up to a dead tree next to your spot.

That makes me mad.

Aiko

Re: I'm mad

Postby Aiko » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

I hope you at least scared away the fish. If they did not catch anything that day, they are less likely to come back to that spot.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Try spending a small fortune to shoot a quicksand video that way and find something like that waiting for you. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 am

cududes wrote:
A boat full of fisherman tied up to a dead tree next to your spot.

That makes me mad.

Better you happened on them then they happening on you while your chest deep 8-)

Robert

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 am

GrrrrrrrrrrrOWL, snap, bite....GRRRRRRR!

Yes! I hate it when that happens!

"Get away from that mudpit! Out! All of you! Scrammo! Git! Away! It's...MINE!!!"

Not long ago I had some guy say hi to me on the path going one way, then, probably sit in his truck awhile...and decide to follow me into the wildlife management area to see if he could score.

He tried his (really bad pickup lines) on me just as I was about to leave regular earth and enter the thicket around my mudpit. I haven't been comfortable hanging out to play there since and when I film there, I have been bringing a "path guard" (but he can never stay long).

"HASTA LA VISTA! ADIOS! SAYANARA! BYE, BYE! GIT!"

Hey, Duncan...how come...if you spent a small fortune and you find somebody hanging out...

You don't just nicely explain that you are at work and this is an assignment (yes, I know that you really do it because you love it, but even so, it is still a legitimate business) and ask 'em to let you-all alone to film?

If I had a lot of money tied up in my shoots, and assuming I'm on public land...I'd certainly consider that worth a shot.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:16 am

Nessie wrote:GrrrrrrrrrrrOWL, snap, bite....GRRRRRRR!

Yes! I hate it when that happens!

"...

Hey, Duncan...how come...if you spent a small fortune and you find somebody hanging out...

You don't just nicely explain that you are at work and this is an assignment (yes, I know that you really do it because you love it, but even so, it is still a legitimate business) and ask 'em to let you-all alone to film?

If I had a lot of money tied up in my shoots, and assuming I'm on public land...I'd certainly consider that worth a shot.

Nessie

Well, it might not always be public land. Things really get counterproductive when you tell the guys that you need some privacy with all this video equipment and a bunch of pretty ladies. They tend not to go very fast or very far away for some reason. 8-)

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:19 am

Nessie wrote:Hey, Duncan...how come...if you spent a small fortune and you find somebody hanging out...

Nessie

Speaking of explanations:

Duncan is a great man for thinking quickly... many seasons ago the crew fresh and muddy from a days shoot in Chester were entering the hotel from the side entrance. We had to pass by the stair case on the upper level and the attendant at the desk on the lower level had seen us enter the last few days the same way. She noticed that we were all muddy and commented that we always come back like that. Duncan did not miss a beat and said, "We are a society that explores river banks." The lady quickly accepted this master stoke of logic and mentioned that "we were in the right place," without batting an eye. I have no doubt he could come up with something for any situation.

Robert

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:22 am

Robert wrote:Duncan is a great man for thinking quickly...

I'm a devious bastard. (not smiling and not proud)

Remember the time we got bushwhacked at the slurry pond and convinced the guy we were just fishing? (with four naked women)

There's been a few other moments over the years but we'll keep them quiet until I retire. I'm really hoping that's all behind us now but you never know. Always have a plan or three. 8-)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Remember the time we got bushwhacked at the slurry pond and convinced the guy we were just fishing? (with four naked women)

Damn....you're good.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

cududes

Postby cududes » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 am

Duncan

That does sound painful. Cary all that equipment and having models on hand. Do you have a backup location?

Return to “General Discussion”