Question for Dave - Reactions

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
reisen55

Question for Dave - Reactions

Postby reisen55 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:55 pm

With some of your recent work taking place in genuine deep bogs, I sometimes wonder if some of your models really do freak-out at the work. I remember your posting a recent note about Gummi but it has to be a strange feeling for them. When there is a bottom down there, and the feet are on something solid, it is very assuring to know you can stand back up again. And over the years you've photographed some decidedly strange locations too. Ages ago you worked with a stunning blonde who sank into something totally black at night. That, too, must be a little weird.

Just wondering.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Question for Dave - Reactions

Postby dlodoski » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:30 pm

It's interesting to see this question right now, because I recently filmed some material that contains overtly fearful reactions.

Having said that though, many many scenes that have been filmed by MPV (and others) contain reactions that are truly fearful, by degree. And, no doubt, natural locations are much much better for genuine fear. Sometimes, there is simply no substitute when it comes to nobody knowing exactly what is going to happen when the model steps in (or walks forward as the case may be).

But the recent scenes that come to mind nearly crossed a line. In fact, it got to the point in one scene that I let it continue only because the model was not making eye contact with me or anyone else. I haven't reviewed the footage yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that the fear was captured.

And, before anything judgmental my way comes, it is a fact that some fetish models do the work partly because they enjoy fearful situations.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 pm

dlodoski wrote:But the recent scenes that come to mind nearly crossed a line. In fact, it got to the point in one scene that I let it continue only because the model was not making eye contact with me or anyone else. I haven't reviewed the footage yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that the fear was captured.

I find this an interesting point as I recall seeing the Quicksand Scene featuring Brittany where she really did get stuck and she had that certain look in her eyes when she looked over to one of the crew members. You could tell something was up, and her response of, "I'm stuck stuck," was classic. Perhaps that's something else that attracts me to the natural scenes... the genuiness of the Quicksand Models' reaction to it all.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:46 am

reisen55 wrote:I remember your posting a recent note about Gummi but it has to be a strange feeling for them.

I don't know what it is to consider deep mud and quicksand to be anything except my natural environment. It was this way for me from the very first sinking. That said...

Considering my age and the fact that there's stuff I can't do or won't do on-screen, if I want to expand my video production to be more than what it is now, I will certainly have to acquire a model.

In fact, the year when I either need to hang it up, or get a model so that I can keep going...is probably not that far off.

Models can do some things that I can't do. And models can do things I have never been able to do. So a model might be a good thing to have someday...and what that means is...

I'll faced with the prospect of, perhaps, introducing a new model to...well, right now the best-looking pit of quicksand I've got is...

(GASP)

Poison Sumac Bog.

YIKES!!!

Ya know, when I look at that place and imagine that it's through somebody else's eyes, somebody who knows nothing about Quicksand Fans...I can't imagine ANY reaction but stark terror.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 am

water_bug_62208 wrote:
dlodoski wrote:But the recent scenes that come to mind nearly crossed a line. In fact, it got to the point in one scene that I let it continue only because the model was not making eye contact with me or anyone else. I haven't reviewed the footage yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that the fear was captured.

I find this an interesting point as I recall seeing the Quicksand Scene featuring Brittany where she really did get stuck and she had that certain look in her eyes when she looked over to one of the crew members. You could tell something was up, and her response of, "I'm stuck stuck," was classic. Perhaps that's something else that attracts me to the natural scenes... the genuiness of the Quicksand Models' reaction to it all.

I've mentioned this before but Brittany in particular had a gift for getting in special situations. Her experience in natural bogs went all the way back to the early years of Rob Blaine so she knows well what she is doing. That still didn't keep her from getting bogged down in minor ways and then seriously stuck twice when I was with her. Once in the episode you mentioned that required myself and Buddy Weiser some time to extract her from, and once at Studio 588. Of all places to get herself stuck she got so locked into Fred's experimental quicksand pit that he had to dig her out with a shovel. I think part of this talent may be that while Brittany is wonderfully proportioned and in great shape as a dancer, she is very petite. I'm certain that Kristine could bench press her. (Not kidding)

Regarding Brittany's reactions specifically she was initially kind of startled at getting stuck so well that day but was soon laughing. She's extremely level headed and has a lot of "life experience" so she isn't given to losing it very easily. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”