kids

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
captain scarlet

kids

Postby captain scarlet » Wed May 13, 2009 11:40 pm

In view of the recent debate over the depiction of kids in qs, provoked by the posting of PM2K's portrait of an adult Kim Possible, here are two points I'd like to raise;
Here in Merry Old, Channel 4 TV has been running a series of ads previewing a forthcoming documentary about the numbers of kids who enter the institutional care system; the ads show the sidewalk turning to quickand and kids (average age 10) being sucked down while being ignored by passers-by. Quite apart fromit being an outrageous slur on the care system and the many hardworking dedicated people within it, anyone got any comments?
I remember back iin the 70s seeing a public information film called "Apaches", which sought to stop kids trespassing on farmland; in one scene a boy falls into a slurry pit and literally drowns in shit. Someone like to respond?
"Paul! PAUL! Are you all right?"
"I will be, Adam,...I ...will ...be......"

"Oxygen? But that isn't dangerous".
"It is...when there isn't any!"

redjak6t4

Re: kids

Postby redjak6t4 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:50 am

S.I.G. Captain Scarlet! ;)

Yes, being a fellow Brit, I remember "Apaches" too.

The only comment I care to make about it is that the sinking-into-manure scene was simply presented as one of the many possible hazards to be found on working farms. If memory serves, other children were shown being run over by a tractor, being crushed under a heavy piece of falling metalware and being poisoned by mistakenly drinking pesticide from an unmarked bottle. Those are the tragic accidents that I can recall from that short film.

In each case these were all shown in a very matter-of-a-fact way, to highlight the many potential dangers a working farm can harbour. I remember no kind of subtext at all.

When it comes to the Channel 4 ads showing children sinking into pseudo-quicksand, surely only those sad individuals who nurture paedophilic thoughts will respond in any other way than was intended - in this case, the quicksand being clearly seen as a metaphor for the shortcomings of the care system they are being sucked into and lost in.
Any other interpretation is simply lost on me.

Redjak6t4.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu May 14, 2009 4:06 am

Sounds to me like you just want to kick this subject around and that's fine. I understand the use of kids in metaphor and to illustrate actual dangers. Just remember that this is an adult sexual fetish board and we make no pretense at being anything else. As such, kids would be out of place here.

Don't ask me how it works but a more juvenile friendly environment is located at deepsinking.org. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu May 14, 2009 8:35 pm

captain scarlet wrote:In view of the recent debate over the depiction of kids in qs, provoked by the posting of PM2K's portrait of an adult Kim Possible ...
I wasn't provoked by the posting of PM2K. It was provoked by another posting.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 am

crazygameplaner wrote:However there are many of us that see quicksand as only dramatic or exciting. There’s nothing wrong with kids experiencing this part of the quicksand world.

I was a kid when I was exposed to my first sinking experience and I didn’t think anything bad about it.

Nor did I but now we are all adults and it means something completely different to anyone here. I saw a neighbor friend of mine naked when she was four years old and thought nothing of it. Ten years later at the neighborhood pool I had entirely different thoughts about her when she was wearing a bikini.

Quicksand for kids is fine. Sex is not. Here we combine both so kids as members and in the content are not allowed. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”