Anyone know who this is?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
JSample

Re: Anyone know who this is?

Postby JSample » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:15 pm

dlodoski wrote:I was thinking about making a board rule that prohibits inquiries into content that was posted more than six months prior. Maybe it ought to be three months. In any case, I will take steps to curb this if it continues to be a problem.

I would hope that such a board rule wouldn't apply to member submissions, such as stories and drawings from years ago; I've only recently started looking through old submissions and wondering if I should comment on or compliment someone's work from the past, even if it's "ancient."
Jason Sample

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:44 pm

JSample wrote:
dlodoski wrote:I was thinking about making a board rule that prohibits inquiries into content that was posted more than six months prior. Maybe it ought to be three months. In any case, I will take steps to curb this if it continues to be a problem.

I would hope that such a board rule wouldn't apply to member submissions, such as stories and drawings from years ago; I've only recently started looking through old submissions and wondering if I should comment on or compliment someone's work from the past, even if it's "ancient."

Comments and compliments are not inquiries.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:52 am

I know it can be a nuisance, but I was also taught "It never hurts to ask". Troubling problem here.

How WOULD someone make an acceptable inquiry in such a case? We do have stuff posted here 2 decades old that are still available in some places. "Never ask" seems too blanket a proposal. Perhaps I am wrong.

Just curious. I'm not trying to make waves here.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 am

It's a different matter if you ask for old content from a producer that is still active here or ask for something from someone who has left the scene years ago. YouTube-Videos get deleted and uploaded all the time; wondering if someone has saved a video from 10 years ago is quite bold...
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 am

In my adventure and dramatic videos threads, there tends to be a roughly 8 to 10 month gap in postings/content, towards the end of which some people are wondering when my first postings of content of the new season are going to be up, and those people should be free to ask.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:02 pm

I did notice he hit us up for one of mine that is not there now. I do not deny uploading it, but no, I have no idea where it is today.

I do have an opinion...

I'd really hate to burden the entire forum with a new rule to remember and our management with a new thing to police when we're not having a stampede of this. It is mostly one person. Hopefully this thread serves as a notice to him that some of us are becoming irritated. I would hope that after seeing this, he'll choose to moderate himself and no action by our moderation team would be necessary.

If he doesn't, though, a one-person solution would be to moderate him.

Rules could come later, when the stampede arrives.

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”