son of the beach quicksand....

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

son of the beach quicksand....

Postby jagfiles » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 am

I happen to get a copy of the 2nd/3rd season set of Son of The Beach. There's the second season episode The Island of Dr Merlot that has a quicksand scene.
What makes this particulary fun is for the second season select episodes have some behind the scenes looks on how they made the episode and The Island of Dr Merlot is one of them and yes it does feature the quicksand scene being filmed.
Not trying to spoil anyones fun about quicksand scenes but just thought it was fun on how the actress Jamie Bergman entered the quicksand. Though she knew it was just set up for the show she was still apprehensive as if was the real thing she was stepping into.

Duncan Edwards

Re: son of the beach quicksand....

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:35 am

jagfiles wrote:I happen to get a copy of the 2nd/3rd season set of Son of The Beach. There's the second season episode The Island of Dr Merlot that has a quicksand scene.
What makes this particulary fun is for the second season select episodes have some behind the scenes looks on how they made the episode and The Island of Dr Merlot is one of them and yes it does feature the quicksand scene being filmed.
Not trying to spoil anyones fun about quicksand scenes but just thought it was fun on how the actress Jamie Bergman entered the quicksand. Though she knew it was just set up for the show she was still apprehensive as if was the real thing she was stepping into.

I was a fan of the series and this was a decent scene of sorts given the silly situation. I'm willing to buy the disc just to see what you are describing. Thanks for the heads up. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

jagfiles

Re: son of the beach quicksand....

Postby jagfiles » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:43 am

No problem glad I could be of help.
It's interesting though when seeing the behind the scenes video like that it can make one wonder some of the fun the performers/crew may have had when they filmed a quicskand scene for a tv show/movie.

Return to “General Discussion”