quicksand cliffhanger.....

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

quicksand cliffhanger.....

Postby jagfiles » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I know there's been a time or two where in a tv show that the quicksand scene has come at the end of the episode and it's "To Be Continued Next Week."
However here's a fun twist to that. A cliffhanger where it's continued "Next Season." Though I realize that's unlikely to ever happen but still would be fun to see.

Mwam

Re: quicksand cliffhanger.....

Postby Mwam » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 pm

jagfiles wrote:I know there's been a time or two where in a tv show that the quicksand scene has come at the end of the episode and it's "To Be Continued Next Week."
However here's a fun twist to that. A cliffhanger where it's continued "Next Season." Though I realize that's unlikely to ever happen but still would be fun to see.

What was that show?

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:41 am

I haven't seen any show that said with a quicksand cliffhandger to be continued next season but when I was a kid there was the Saturday morning weekend special. It was a half hour show and in there was a two part story I believe The Gold Bug and the first part ended with a quicksand scene.
I also remember a Walt Disney story I think in 1990 called Exile. It was shown a couple times as a two hour show. However half way through it was a quicksand scene. I think it was done that way in case the network ever wanted to show it in two parts (I've never seen it broken it two parts offhand though).
It would be interesting though to have to wait an entire summer how a quicksand scene ended up.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 am

At the moment, I can't think of any show with a season finale cliffhanger involving quicksand, but I do remember "Perfect Strangers" having one between the two parts of a 2-part episode.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

The Russian show "Granitsa. Tayozhnyy roman" was released in two versions - the 126 minutes movie, and mini series of 8 episodes, 50+ minutes each. In this mini series the male quicksand scene cuts with the end of an episode (and, by the way, in a quite uncertain moment, when the main hero is about to go under and the main villain refusing to help him). But the next episode (as far as I remember) doesn't contain the follow-up of the quicksand scene, but the protagonist is OK. We just have to guess that the villain saved him.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Mwam

Postby Mwam » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:The Russian show "Granitsa. Tayozhnyy roman" was released in two versions - the 126 minutes movie, and mini series of 8 episodes, 50+ minutes each. In this mini series the male quicksand scene cuts with the end of an episode (and, by the way, in a quite uncertain moment, when the main hero is about to go under and the main villain refusing to help him). But the next episode (as far as I remember) doesn't contain the follow-up of the quicksand scene, but the protagonist is OK. We just have to guess that the villain saved him.

Could i find this on youtube or not?

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:03 am

Mwam wrote:Could i find this on youtube or not?

I think, Fred588 posted all the scenes from the series either here or on DeepSinking.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Mwam

Postby Mwam » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:
Mwam wrote:Could i find this on youtube or not?

I think, Fred588 posted all the scenes from the series either here or on DeepSinking.

Thank you. :) I try to find that.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Hey don't forget Batman and Robin when the Riddler (John Astin, not Frank Gorshyn) had them pose on top of the quicksand cake.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “General Discussion”