NovembRRR 2010

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Nessie
Producer

NovembRRR 2010

Postby Nessie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:15 am

Nope, didn't get footage of the last sink this year. That is because I had my last sinking for the year scheduled for today! I even checked the camera last night and made sure it was charging.

But I woke up this morning to a heavy snowfall!

Screeeeeeeeeeeam! I was SO looking forward to this!

Every year, I have notified my fellow sinkers as to exactly when my last sinking of the year occurred. This year, the final sinking happened on November 6 at a newly discovered mud site. There was just a thin layer of ice on top but no problem. I broke through that and enjoyed what was under there. It wasn't really ideal mud...it was one of those deals where it's bouncy marsh grass and slushy stuff with a heavier bottom under.

But, ya know, you got to take what you can get this time of year. The hunters drove me out most of of my better places. So after fetish-feeding, I decided that I had time to explore more and I followed an animal trail deeper into the cattails and found a superbly thicker spot (just a little water on it) and got in and out of that several times with nice, thick, huggy, sinky results.

I hated to leave. But when I did, I said to myself:

"Well, that's a lot better than the area I just played in. I got to get into THAT just once more this year. And it's got enough clearing and solid ground for the camera too. This is where I'm shooting NovemBRRR 2010!"

Mother Nature, though, had other plans. Six inches of snow is in my yard today. So, unfortunately, all I have the date for you. And in recent years, they've all been in NovemBRRR.

To tell you just how nutty I am, I actually thought of trying to get in there anyway. I mean, I know for a fact that this mudpit isn't frozen just yet. What a clip it'd make!

Actually, the real problem was that without any dry ground, I can't change into my waders. And it was heavy, heavy snowfall too. I'd have gotten soaked.

Oh, yeah, walking in snow leaves tracks...and they'd look kind of funny going right into the marsh!

Nessie

jack c

Re: NovembRRR 2010

Postby jack c » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:19 am

Sounds like you need a Costa Rica vacation - or something similar. At least in the Everglades! Last spot sounds interesting - too bad it was so cold.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:28 am

It actually wasn't that cold on exactly November 6th. I'm not sure what the actual temperature was, but I had to ditch the second layer of clothing for at least part of my walk. I'd say it was probably in the upper 50s (Fahrenheit).

However, it had been cold earlier in the week, and therefore, there was that thin layer of ice on top of some of the mud. Only in the shade, though. The stuff in the sun was still fine!

Nessie

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 am

-
Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 pm

bart1997 wrote:I believe i did write that in the old NovemBBRR-thread that snow works as a very good insulation for floating bogs with peat below a layer of some plants.

Well, I COULD have done it. I'm pretty sure. Just, it might not have been much fun. The snow was coming down hard and it wasn't staying frozen on the way either. I'd have had to be in full rain gear from head to toe.

In this neck of the woods, the ice is gonna grow fast now.

You may be the only other cold-weather mud fan I know (okay, I've met one more but he does not seem to be active here right now). I get people thinking I'm nuts for doing it and I do have to concede that for the submersion folks, it doesn't work.

I do fine at around chest-deep, though, and yes, I can get in that far. And there is one thing that vanishes from the after September. And good riddance to it.

All summer long, I have to wear a thick layer of DEET to avoid involuntary blood donations to various tiny nonhuman forms of life. After September, I can put away the cans of OFF. And the fall mud is somehow nicer than spring. In spring, everything is melting. There's always stuff buried under the snow that suddenly becomes exposed. Some of it isn't very attractive.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:30 am

Nessie, I've known you for some years now.

We've played and worked together quite a bit.

Nobody would ever look at you and think this slender, petite, completely girlie, lady person could do what you do. You have got to be one of the heartiest, and most physically courageous, ladies I have ever met. I know the fetish calls you but it calls a lot of people and few have the daring to pursue it the way you do.

I wish you lived down where I do so that snow and frozen ground are a relative rarity at any time of year. Failing that I hope you will continue to inspire we mere mortals with tales of your endeavors upon the frozen tundra.

(Dave doing Darth Vader Voice) The fetish is strong with this one. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 am

-
Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Nessie, I've known you for some years now.

Since 2003.

We've played and worked together quite a bit.

Yup.

Nobody would ever look at you and think this slender, petite, completely girlie, lady person could do what you do.

That's why I get away with it. People look at me and they say, "There is no way she's up to anything at all. She looks like the kind of gal who reads and obeys all the park rules. I bet her car is in a legal parking spot too. That woman looks just totally wholesome."

But, bwa-ha-ha-ha, once I'm behind the cattails, I'm FREE! It's my little kingdom!

You have got to be one of the heartiest, and most physically courageous, ladies I have ever met. I know the fetish calls you but it calls a lot of people and few have the daring to pursue it the way you do.

Well, that's one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is, "Well, look at how old she is, and she's only, like, around 5'2" and not exactly built like Ms. Arnold Mudnegger...ya know what? Maybe I should get out to the bogs and try to realize my sinky dream...it just could be, it's not really that hard."

Now if I'd have been a real tough cookie, I'd have gone out into the blizzard and gotten that sinking-in-the-snowy-mudpit footage. But there's always next year, I guess.

Only two days have passed and now ice starting to cover most of the smaller ponds.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:04 am

bart1997 wrote:Well, this forum is surely the wrong place to blame anyone! Everyone should do what satisfies him/her most, although i have to admit i would NEVER do anything like, hmm lets say...,Boggyman (just an example).

I do pass on doing some things. I don't do the weighted backpack thing. If I can't sink in it without adding poundage, it's not soft enough to please me anyway.

I don't participate in any form of mud bondage. Head-first dives are out too (actually, I have a back condition which renders my spine inflexible, so that would be just totally foolhardy). And the cowabunga-SPLAT! cannonball is kind of risky in my locations too. I'm never 100% sure what's under there.

But I fully support the right of other people to do things that I don't do. I just think it's amusing when somebody who eagerly does one of those things that I don't do, though, thinks that my cold mud is "too much"!

According to youtube and other yahoo-groups there are a lot of other muddy-gear-fans around, maybe this forum is too much "sinking" and not enough "deeply mud" for them, don't know.

Ya know, you may be onto something there. Although my behavior is still "sinking", as in, I get in and I sink and that sinking feeling is where the satisfaction is, in all honestly I can't really and truly do the bottomless-pit thing when it's wader season.
It would stand to reason that the other wader-sinkers can't do it either.

Nessie

jack c

Postby jack c » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 am

Nessie - you have really gone sinking in the snow?? Cool!! No pun intended.

Return to “General Discussion”