Quicksand Radio...

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

Quicksand Radio...

Postby jagfiles » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 am

This just hit me. Has anyone ever heard of a quicksand situation on a radio show? This does not matter if it's an old broadcast or a newer situation.
The only one I ever personally heard was on on a morning radio show around 1981 or so that was a parady on tv soap operas. It was like a 2-3 minute daily show and there was serveral episodes that did a comedy quicksand situation in a cave if memory serves me correct. (and unffortally I do not believe copies are available)
Any others come to mind?

Vivian Basterd

Re: Quicksand Radio...

Postby Vivian Basterd » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:21 am

Sometime in 1979 on London's Capital Radio, DJ Kenny Everett played some tracks from a record released by the BBC Sound Effects department called "Sounds Of Death and Horror"; one track was "Man Drowning In Swamp".
"I think Special Patrol Group is a silly name for a hamster".
"Well I'll change it then. I'll call it Cliff Richard...Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!"

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:59 am

I'm not sure where my audio files are any more (archived on a CD somewhere) but I played with the concept a few times when I had less of a day job and a lot more free time.

What I can't understand is why more quicksand folk haven't tried quicksand scenes by means of radio theatre. It's just dastardly easy. You need a recording program with a few filters to sound like multiple characters. You can find sound effects online.

No real mudpit is required. Just use squelching sounds.

Nessie

YerK

Postby YerK » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Nessie wrote:What I can't understand is why more quicksand folk haven't tried quicksand scenes by means of radio theatre. It's just dastardly easy. You need a recording program with a few filters to sound like multiple characters. You can find sound effects online.

No real mudpit is required. Just use squelching sounds.

Nessie

They make little containers of slime that you can use to make fart noises. I wonder if they could also be used to make squelching or sucking noises...

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I sometimes see on Ebay sound recordings of a very old Tarzan radio show, and there is an episode called "The Captain is in Quicksand" or something like that.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:08 am

YerK wrote:They make little containers of slime that you can use to make fart noises. I wonder if they could also be used to make squelching or sucking noises...

Sure.

You could even use a bucket of real mud. Plop. Squelch. Dribble, drip!

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”