advise greating an in studio mud pit

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
chefothefuture

Re: advise greating an in studio mud pit

Postby chefothefuture » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Nessie wrote:It's sold on the same shelves and in the same jars as the bulk loose-leaf teas. Surely they don't expect me to brew it?

Mystified,
Nessie

Not brew, but mix with water and drink, or put a small amount in a bath(not as much as any of us here would be tempted too...).
Or use it for a mask or wrap. In these cases, it is used for de-tox, as it can remove all sorts of nasties from your system.
But yes, from a retail herbal store, it can get too expensive for what we'd use it for. I found the stuff for $59/50# and the only reason
I went that route was that there is pretty much no cheaper way to get it here in Hawaii.
I did find the industrial stuff, but the vendor advised against immersing in it as he said it could have "additives" to aid in it's other uses.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:45 pm

chefothefuture wrote:
Nessie wrote:It's sold on the same shelves and in the same jars as the bulk loose-leaf teas. Surely they don't expect me to brew it?

Mystified,
Nessie

Not brew, but mix with water and drink, or put a small amount in a bath(not as much as any of us here would be tempted too...).
Or use it for a mask or wrap. In these cases, it is used for de-tox, as it can remove all sorts of nasties from your system.
But yes, from a retail herbal store, it can get too expensive for what we'd use it for. I found the stuff for $59/50# and the only reason
I went that route was that there is pretty much no cheaper way to get it here in Hawaii.
I did find the industrial stuff, but the vendor advised against immersing in it as he said it could have "additives" to aid in it's other uses.

This is true for the bentonite used for well-drilling. That sold as a cattle-feed binder is free of addiives.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

chefothefuture

Postby chefothefuture » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Fred588 wrote:This is true for the bentonite used for well-drilling. That sold as a cattle-feed binder is free of addiives.

It makes sense that I can not get the feed binder stuff locally; Island beef is grass fed and finished for the most part.
We're sorta snobs about that fact.. LOL!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:54 am

chefothefuture wrote:Or use it for a mask or wrap.

Well, yes, that's exactly what it's good for...although personally, I like it EVERYWHERE on my body.

Just...ya know...the people who stock this store are doorknobs.

They need to move the bentonite clay to the shelf alongside the organic skin care products and perhaps put a label on it to suggest how it should be used. It's a bare big glass jar of powder and it's labeled "bentonite clay" and around it are teas and herbs.

No. It won't taste good on meat.

Nessie

chefothefuture

Postby chefothefuture » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:13 am

Nessie wrote:No. It won't taste good on meat.

Nessie

Err, uhm, weeelll...
I had thought to say some witty double entendre, but I am sure our imaginations will do quite well....
I'll just go and simmer in my clay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, at some herbal stores, the folks can sometimes show an apathy....
That, and some clays, even from an herbalist are not for eating...
I do find it odd that prices on edible bentonite vary so widely.

Now if I can get the "feed binder" stuff, I could fill my "pit-turned-crater" :D

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:30 am

chefothefuture wrote:I had thought to say some witty double entendre, but I am sure our imaginations will do quite well....

Having gotten bentonite clay in my mouth accidentally, I can guarantee you that it won't enhance the taste of ANYTHING it covers.

It's flavorless. Completely.

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:33 am

I know that bentonite is used as a clearing agent for wine.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

chefothefuture

Postby chefothefuture » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:38 am

Nessie wrote:It's flavorless. Completely.

Nessie

Oh well, having been raised on a diet of library paste, Play-doh,and finger paint, I find Bentonite yields a mild earthy flavor. Smooth but not piquant like plasticine!
LOL!
I do prefer ingesting that to peat!

I guess eating stuff is another fetish.... another page......

Jaemo Malec

Postby Jaemo Malec » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:41 am

Many thanks to all of you. I like the idea of the kiddie pool to rinse of in.

Return to “General Discussion”