Memory - The Quicksand Page

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
reisen55

Memory - The Quicksand Page

Postby reisen55 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:31 pm

http://www.dellamente.com/quicksand/

It still exists!!!!!!!!!!! EGAD do I remember stumbling upon this one sooooo long ago.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Memory - The Quicksand Page

Postby PM2K » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Same here! :D An essential part in my early online qs education...

pleaseletmejoin

Postby pleaseletmejoin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:48 pm

I remember losing my mind waiting for the next update.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:26 am

Oh, yes, it's still there...

The first page I ever hit was Kaol's Ol' Sinkin' Hole. When I realized that:

"EGAD, MOTHER NATURE MADE ONE MORE OF ME!!!"

...I wondered if there were others and did a search looking for more pages like Kaol's and as I recall, finding this wasn't far behind.

And I said to myself:

"Whoever did this page isn't the same guy who did the other page, because the personalities behind the creators seem totally different...and the chances that they are identical twins even so is just microscopically small...so it stands to reason that just might be a lot of me!"

Nessie

prince_vegeta

Postby prince_vegeta » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 am

This bring back memories, this site is the reason why I got into the quicksand fetish. :D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam savage of Mythbusters

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Ah, yes, this is a MOST WONDERFUL web site and the first I found during my introduction to Quicksandland!

It was 2:00 AM on a Saturday in January 2000 and, prior to going to bed, I decided to do what I'd always wanted to do on the Internet... do a search for "quicksand." I figured I'd get the typical references on what makes up quicksand and where it's found; however, when one of the results was "The Quicksand Page," I was rather intrigued that someone would devolt an entire page to quicksand. When I clicked on it, read the contents then saw the pictures, I was FLOORED! Then I noted a page with links to other sites...

The next link I visited after "The Quicksand Page" was Stormwind's "Women In Peril" site, and I believe the first set of artwork I came upon was that of the Quicksand Artist. I could not believe that there was someone else out there who was like me... into women sinking in quicksand. I was not believing what I saw. Then I read some of the Quicksand Stories on that page and was besides myself. I backed up and clicked on something that seemed intriguing... "Kaol's Ol' Sinkin' Hole."

I simply couldn't believe what began mateiralizing before me on the screen from Kaol's site... information on women in quicksand! Then it came... "Red Rubber Ball" screaming through the speakers! Later would come artwork by Wayne Coulter, Quicksand Videos, Quicksand Stories, and so much more! As the morning progressed, I was introduced to the art of Pete Boggs, "Stuck Girls," and "Mudpuddle Visuals." By 6:00 AM I had to force myself to break away from the computer and get some sleep. A few hours later I was back exploring Quicksandland.

What a day! And, it all started with "The Quicksand Page!"

jack c

Postby jack c » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:22 am

Yeah, this was a great page - factual, but with the fetish edge throughout. And yes, I did find Kaol and Red Rubber Ball all about the same time you all did. Things have certainly progressed, but these sites are like the good old vinyl 33 albums of Cream that you still have on a shelf - classics and not to be replaced.

Nice reminder!

Meeca

Postby Meeca » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:50 am

Ah, yes. Memories alright !

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Around midnight, Feb. '95, was my first contact. I found The Quicksand Page as the result of an idol Alta Vista search. I recall very distinctly scrolling down the page and hit that photo of Shaun in a red dress doing her Messyfun thing and a link to the wet-and-messy newsgroup. I nearly fainted and spent the next three days wide awake searching the web for more. I can honestly say it was truly a life changing moment. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”