Fetish overlap with 4x4 / truck "mudding"?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Northerner

Fetish overlap with 4x4 / truck "mudding"?

Postby Northerner » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 am

When you search for "mud" on YouTube, 95% of the videos are people driving their trucks and other vehicles through mud. Now I have never heard this discussed here, but I am basically wondering if these people are in it for some "muddy" or "messy" or "stuck" fetish aspect, or if they just love dirt and loud engines. Maybe it is impossible to generalize about why people feel the need to drive machines through deep mud, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience /opinions about this.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Carl

Re: Fetish overlap with 4x4 / truck "mudding"?

Postby Carl » Tue May 03, 2011 3:53 pm

It is fun to see how fast and deep you can go and not get stuck. When you
do get stuck you have to dig yourself out because everyone who is watching is laughing.
Then, when it is their turn and they get stuck you get to laugh and make fun
of them. There is also lots of beer and other substances involved so you
are not really in control of your senses either. Then you can throw in a rainstorm to loosen and
deepen matters. Try it, you'll like it.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue May 03, 2011 9:47 pm

It's also an engineering/tech competition. Build a truck with the right combination of power, tires etc. to get through the mud without getting stuck or breaking down. But interestingly enough, a traditional sub-event at 4x4 mud rallies is the "dash for cash" where the participants chip in on a prize, and the ladies present run through the mud- first one out the far end wins.
Ah, the memories. "Will you wash us off?" As a firefighter, who was there to help wash off the trucks afterward, I was only too happy to convert their mud glamor to wetlook. :D
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 pm

The same quarry I pursue "other" interests at also serves as an excellent off road park. The owner puts up no tresspassing signs but if you talk to him he'll privately tell you he doesn't care if you go in there and play with your truck/atv/dirtbike on weekends (signs just keep him from getting sued if someone gets hurt). The roomie and I make a day of tearing up the shallower mud holes in the Jeep then head over to the settling pits after everybody else goes home. :twisted:
My daily driver:
Picture 029.jpg
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “General Discussion”