The First Time

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
dougiezerts

The First Time

Postby dougiezerts » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:28 am

When was the very first time you ever played in the mud? Let's hear your stories!
For me, it was back in the early 80's at a church retreat. They had something called "dirty day," where a bunch of us want out to a dirt pit and played in it. Unfortunately, the had been a drought, but we did manage to find some mud.
Before that, I once walked barefoot in some mud at my local swimming pool. I can remember my mom getting mad at me for doing it!

Mwam

Re: The First Time

Postby Mwam » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Let's see....the first time i was playing in the mud was about when i was 8-10 years old.
My first sinking experience was, when i was 17-18.

joedeep130535

Postby joedeep130535 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 pm

My first time was in a dry lake I walked out to the middle in thigh deep stream & then stepped into the mud & later lay down & got a big hard on I was only 11 so didn't know what to do with it! but I enjoyed the experience & went on from there My first neckdeep sink was a couple of years laterafter some experiments in less deep mud

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:52 am

This one is personal. I was in high school and on a hot summer weekend I found some foot-deep clay beside a gravel road in the countryside where I lived. I was cooling my jets in the clay when Susan Craig, one of the 'in' girls at my school and a total hottie drove up in a pickup and asked me what the hell I was doing. I grunted something unintelligible whereupon she parked the truck, took off her sneakers and joined me in her very short jean shorts. She never spoke to me again but when we passed in the hall she always had a little smile on her face.... :D
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:08 am

I was up in Illinois for the summer back when I was 12, we had a cabin not far from the Illinois river in Cass county, at a place called Patterson Bay. The river levels were low, and we went swimming. The mud on the other shore was about 2-3 feet deep, and I loved it! I especially loved seeing the teenage girls from a few cabins down playing in it! :D

dougiezerts

Postby dougiezerts » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:25 am

stevensenechal wrote:This one is personal. I was in high school and on a hot summer weekend I found some foot-deep clay beside a gravel road in the countryside where I lived. I was cooling my jets in the clay when Susan Craig, one of the 'in' girls at my school and a total hottie drove up in a pickup and asked me what the hell I was doing. I grunted something unintelligible whereupon she parked the truck, took off her sneakers and joined me in her very short jean shorts. She never spoke to me again but when we passed in the hall she always had a little smile on her face.... :D

Great story! A real shame there wasn't more to it. . . :D

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:15 am

dougiezerts wrote:
stevensenechal wrote:This one is personal. I was in high school and on a hot summer weekend I found some foot-deep clay beside a gravel road in the countryside where I lived. I was cooling my jets in the clay when Susan Craig, one of the 'in' girls at my school and a total hottie drove up in a pickup and asked me what the hell I was doing. I grunted something unintelligible whereupon she parked the truck, took off her sneakers and joined me in her very short jean shorts. She never spoke to me again but when we passed in the hall she always had a little smile on her face.... :D

Great story! A real shame there wasn't more to it. . . :D

So do I my friend, so do I...... :(
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Electric Katfish

Postby Electric Katfish » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Um … I literally can't remember my first time — I was too young. But my youngest brother tells me that — at any age — if there was a mud puddle nearby, my family simply could not keep me from it!

I do recall getting involved in knee deep mud that REALLY locked onto my feet at age 15. And at 16 getting to know some really nice mud in New England.

Most recently, I've finally had the opportunity to re-explore my fascination with the bogs at Studio 588 after a significant hiatus. Because of some big changes in my life, I wasn't sure this still held any interest for me. I am pleased to report that — after involving myself with a shoot as an experiment in self-discovery — the Quicksand Girl in my is alive and well! :D
Can this get any weirder?
Oh yes, little voice, it can always get weirder.
— Chris Moore

x42swamper

Postby x42swamper » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:22 am

I lived on a farm most of my life and we had a creek right next to our house. And it had lots of Adobe Clay. This stuff is thick , goey and fun to play in. I first encountered it waiting for the school buss when I was six years old back in 1974.All the farmers in the area gave it the knickname Funny Putty , because it would stick to anything.

I loved it because you could make big sticky mud balls and throw them at your friends LOL.
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

Return to “General Discussion”