newbie and wondering if its worth it?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jord543

newbie and wondering if its worth it?

Postby jord543 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:47 pm

hi...i got my fetish about...1year ago (just after i did this think wit my school going through loads of mud but i didnt have it then =L) but i was looking around for mud around my house and i found the ultimate mud spot!! (im in uk so there isnt any quicksand) its about as deep as me and is realy nice and thick but i was wondering...what should i wear? maybe i will wear crocs (wierd sandal things) (wash very easily (stand in a river=clean) and shorts so i can feel the deep mud on my legs =) any suggestions?

poolshark

Re: newbie and wondering if its worth it?

Postby poolshark » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:22 pm

In my experience so far, I find that unless there a lot of sticks or sharp objects that risk cutting your feet, I will just go bare foot. Also depending on the thickness of the mud, footwear can cause problems as far as getting out after your sink, especially if your up to your neck :? You also run the risk of losing your shoes, especially if your wearing a loose fitting shoe like croc's.
...Just my two cents 8-)

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:09 am

Welcome!

Agreed, Crocs are about useless in mud. If I need to wear footgear, I have an old pair of Converse hi-tops. Downside to those, the soles create lots of suction, but if the mud isn't so thick that getting out is a problem, that can be a good thing. :)

As far as clothes, a pair of nylon swim trunks and a t-shirt I don't care what happens to are all the clothes I usually need.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:42 am

jord543 wrote:what should i wear?

Until you get some good sinky experience, I suggest that you go light on the clothing. Fabric can gain a lot of weight in a mudpit. Also, bare feet are the best if you can do it, both for the feel of the mud between your toes and for extraction, but if you are worried about anything under the mud cutting your feet up, I generally use "aquasocks" and I tie those suckers on tight with extra laces.

Neoprene socks are also good if you can find them, because they're very tight and they protect your feet but they never get stuck...but I often can't find them.

Don't do the crocs. They'll slip right off your feet and you'll never find them in the mud.

Also try to stay away from any shoes that are inflexible and/or heavy, and yes, boots are very bad. They can really get you stuck. Someday you may want exactly that. But you don't want it on your first time.

After you get a few sinkings under your belt and you have a good relationship with your mudpit, you may wear anything you like. And you may be pleasantly surprised at how well some items (especially synthetics in dark colors) can wash out

That means that it is possible to develop a wardrobe that's re-useable!

But I'd like the fate of your sinkwear to be a pleasant surprise instead of an unpleasant sock, so on the side of caution I will advise you not to necessarily expect any sinkwear to survive an outing.

So acquire it for as little money as you can possibly spend.

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”