Group Sinks?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
redspydr_1979

Re: Group Sinks?

Postby redspydr_1979 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm

It has its pros and cons. There are a lot of things to focus on but really you are getting more for your money this way. Ideally, I like the group sinks where the actresses simultaneously sinking and only concerned for their own welfare. I don't see the reality of one female who is shoulder deep trying to assist another who is neck deep. The best examples are Acidtesters group sink pics or the Sheena group sink scene.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:30 am

It would be a fun opportunity for a producer to use the multitrack or "alternate angle" capability of a DVD. The base shot would be wide, fairly static, but then there is a camera trained on each sinker, and the viewer can switch to the closeup track he/she desires. It does eat up space on the disc in a hurry, but would allow the viewer to focus on what they wanted to focus on.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Let's see: Six models equals one base plus six individual views equals seven cameras. With a static base that's six camera operators. Between the model costs, overhead, extra cameras, motel charges, etc. this looks very feasible as a custom scene for, say 12G.

Chimerix wrote:It would be a fun opportunity for a producer to use the multitrack or "alternate angle" capability of a DVD. The base shot would be wide, fairly static, but then there is a camera trained on each sinker, and the viewer can switch to the closeup track he/she desires. It does eat up space on the disc in a hurry, but would allow the viewer to focus on what they wanted to focus on.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Fred588 wrote:Let's see: Six models equals one base plus six individual views equals seven cameras. With a static base that's six camera operators. Between the model costs, overhead, extra cameras, motel charges, etc. this looks very feasible as a custom scene for, say 12G.

(Evil grin)

And you can't afford to spend a penny less.

(Nasty chuckle)

Because if you put six models in the quicksand but cheap your way out of it by using only the standard two cameras, you will miss valuable moments of sinkage. And every second of model-sinkage NOT captured on video is a waste...why, you may as well have only two models anyway if you have only two cameras to run during the scene.

How many of you can we get together to finance this?

If you can scrape up 24 contributors who really want to see six models sinking at once, then it's only $500 each for the scene. Some of you could volunteer your services as camera help, too, and you could, if you own a good video camera, bring it.

You could defray the hotel costs if anyone wants to bring their own.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:42 am

I could in theory bring the camper (pop-up, sleeps 4 regular size adults plus two tiny ones) but that would mean 21+ hours on the road. Each way. Towing a camper. I could maybe manage twelve hours of driving in 24, so that's two days each way. Plus gas, food, etc. On the plus side, if you want to do a Zombie scene, after two days on the road I wouldn't need makeup. :?

Nessie wrote:
Fred588 wrote:Let's see: Six models equals one base plus six individual views equals seven cameras. With a static base that's six camera operators. Between the model costs, overhead, extra cameras, motel charges, etc. this looks very feasible as a custom scene for, say 12G.

(Evil grin)

And you can't afford to spend a penny less.

(Nasty chuckle)

Because if you put six models in the quicksand but cheap your way out of it by using only the standard two cameras, you will miss valuable moments of sinkage. And every second of model-sinkage NOT captured on video is a waste...why, you may as well have only two models anyway if you have only two cameras to run during the scene.

If you can scrape up 24 contributors who really want to see six models sinking at once, then it's only $500 each for the scene. Some of you could volunteer your services as camera help, too, and you could, if you own a good video camera, bring it.

You could defray the hotel costs if anyone wants to bring their own.

Nessie
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:26 am

Nessie wrote:And you can't afford to spend a penny less.

Nessie

Well, I HAVE the toys, but the commute is unrealistically long. And I have had really bad experiences shipping camera gear. It's heartbreaking to put $5,000 worth of camera in at one end and get out $500 worth of rubble at the other!

But I can do the DVD authoring and make it wicked slick. Can even do dual layer!

But maybe a smaller scale test, just to demonstrate the feasibility. just 2 or 3 models at once, with N+1 cameras rolling. I'm all into feasibility!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 am

I wasn't very concerned with how to do it. I know I can do that. Guess I was just wondering if anyone else liked the idea as much as I do. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mirador

Postby Mirador » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Group sinking...Not really for me, either in real life or in my images. Up to two persons only max for me I'm afraid.
But it's not the "sinking" that does it for me..it's the suck. I tend to say clear of sinking scene in favour of suck themes. And for me I like to let the imagination fill in the detail, but I can't concentrate on that amount of detail if there are more than a few people to focus on.

Two's company, three really is, a crowd.

Mirador

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:48 pm

While it is my opinion that sinking a large number of actresses/models is not financially practical, doing a scene involving six, eight, or even more characters in other roles might not be. For example, a sacrifice or execution scene might be done in which a dozen characters in "native" costume are shown dancing around the soon-to-be-victim or in a procession leading to the bog. This would not need to be filmed at the same time as the sinking portion of the scene, so long as the background environment is kept fairly consistent. Perhaps there will come a time when someone organizes a special get-together, either at Studio 588 or elsewhere. If everyone who goes to that brings the needed costuming and someone brings a suitable camera it would not be hard to film.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”