Group Sinks?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Duncan Edwards

Group Sinks?

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Is there any preference for single or group sinkings? I often joke about sinking a busload of cheerleaders as a major goal in my life. Does that really work for anyone else out there? Where do you reach a point of diminishing returns and how much is too much? Is there such a thing as too much? How about an entire cruise ship loaded with bikini models who wander onto a jungle river beach for a mass photoshoot?

Please, let me hear your thoughts. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Beast260

Re: Group Sinks?

Postby Beast260 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:01 pm

lets just say i want to be there to help the girls out of the muck they get into :P

i think a group sink is good. get alo of sinking in one shot :P

Chro_Zarco

Postby Chro_Zarco » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Hmm. I guess it would depend on the type of scene a group sink is used for.

For a peril scene, it may be better to start with one or two, then progressively add more as failed rescues result in more victims. However, I would have no more than (calculating pit size, depth, average model diameter at their apex, randomization of model entry and sink) five models at one time. A good idea to speed things along would be "My arms are stuck" actions; once the arms are below the surface, either from fatigue or panic, they do not come back up without a great price (for example, a sudden submersion).

For an erotic scene, given most other erotic scenes involving more than one model, start with one model (foreplay) then finish with a maximum of four models. Now, if you want to add more, have "spectators" join in the pit after prolonged masturbation and the submersion of the spectacle (Lady See, Lady Do is a good example of this).
I rather think that the red and black really suits me, don't you think?

quicksander_2000

Postby quicksander_2000 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey, Four in a Bog worked for me because there was alot to watch (by the way...watch Pam sink...it's so sexy and she isn't really trying to be). Anyways, I like multiple, since you can catch things on the second and third viewing you missed the first time.

QS
Seeking to sink, seeking to survive, seeking mostly to sink

Whisper

Postby Whisper » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 pm

The only problem I'd have with a large group in a sinking scene, just like in any other kind of media, is that there's an awful lot to try and focus on, and you wind up more concerned with looking at everything rather than being able to concentrate and fully enjoy one single sinker. Too many things on screen is a bit cluttersome, and you can't really concentrate. I think it would work in small groups, so long as your attention isn't divided too much.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:34 pm

i like group sinks as long as the artist/producer has a vision of what they're doing there... Pete Boggs frequently had 3 sinking together, and it i thought i remembered Acid Tester doing something with a group of cheerleaders, but i can't find it...

on the other hand, i recall someone who did manips put out a photo with a dozen or so damsels that didnt seem to have any unifying theme... some were enjoying it, some were in distress, they didn't all have the same scale... i ended up clipping a couple that i liked and discarding the whole scene

so i say a busload of cheerleaders sounds good! or maybe the cast of LOST... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 am

Multiple sinkings work fine, I think... but they must be a nightmare to engineer for the filmmaker... ;)

I always enjoyed watching these, though...

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:22 am

Not really so hard to actually shoot, especially for something serial (8 characters overall but only 3 or 4 at one time). The big headache is the budget.

PM2K wrote:Multiple sinkings work fine, I think... but they must be a nightmare to engineer for the filmmaker... ;)

Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 am

Sorry, Fred. I checked both recovery.gov and grants.gov - the National Endowment for the Arts doesn't have any Stimulus money targeted to QS video.

Fred588 wrote:Not really so hard to actually shoot, especially for something serial (8 characters overall but only 3 or 4 at one time). The big headache is the budget.

PM2K wrote:Multiple sinkings work fine, I think... but they must be a nightmare to engineer for the filmmaker... ;)

This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:37 am

When more than one person is in the quicksand, my eyeballs flip around as I try to keep track of each sinker.

Multi-tasking and I don't get on well. The first time is always confusing. However, it IS a good excuse to roll a scene multiple times.

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”