Why No Male Productions

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Peter1977

Why No Male Productions

Postby Peter1977 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm

I have a probably already asked and discussed topic but I just wanted to share the view point, why are there no male orientated quicksand/mud video productions? Is it a lack of male models? Are females far more popular and willing to do it? Is it a logistic problem? Or is it merely the fact there is no market for it?

Ace

Re: Why No Male Productions

Postby Ace » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:33 pm

The latter.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

It's simple really, the majority of the quicksand community consists of straight males, and the majority of the producers are also straight males, and what do straight males like? ,women! So of course most productions contain female stars, that's about the long and short of it I reckon!

Frankly I simply can't see a straight male producer creating a video with a male star, as not only will he not enjoy it himself but he will assume that no one else will either, and at the end of the day these guys are out to make money, and your not gonna do that by selling male quicksand videos to a predominantly straight male audience.

I used to run a gay quicksand Ning group, and quite a number of guys did create the own movies or film them selves in sinking scenarios, and they uploaded them to the group because they knew others would like it, I should imagine if the community were to have grown to a sizeable concern then at least one of them would have started commercially producing scenes to make a bit of dollar, but sadly Ning got rid of all those groups so it never got the chance, similar here exists, if there were more of us that liked to see guys sinking, then in sure someone out there would capitalise on that and start thinking about producing scenes.

If it is defiantly guys you want to see sink, try http://www.mudlover.com

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Infact here's an idea, maybe the board moderators should create a "male" section, it would be interesting to see if anyone actually uploads anything, and how many guys/women there are on here that enjoy male scenes and will a actually contribute, (I give it three months before its deemed a waste of space) lol

Antares

Postby Antares » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:54 pm

I thought that the home movies section was a mostly gay section? It seems that folk upload there quite frequently? Apart from that the non-producer users of the board upload male qs stuff all the time :)

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah there are quite a few male scenes in there actually, boggyman of course is the biggest uploader, I think the majority of the male stuff that's uploaded is from guys that would rather be able to have a female in there bog video and don't upload a video with intent to appeal to folks that prefer to see men in mud, but rather just want to show off there great bogs :), good on them I say :), just about makes it worth while for people like me to visit the board I suppose.

Something else I've noticed I that its really only the producers that actually upload female scenes, there seem to be more guys that will upload there own material than galls, and by there own material I don't mean scenes captured from movies ect but there own sinks, I wonder why that is? Do girls not make there own movies as much as guys? Or do they just sit back and wait for the producers to do it for them?

And that's the tricky part about creating a "male" section isn't it?, realistically who would use it? Is there anyone here that actually creates there movies just to appeal to the galls (or guys) that like to watch guys sink? Probably not, because there just isn't the audience for it I guess, the mind boggles!

Peter1977

Postby Peter1977 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm

gamwam wrote:Infact here's an idea, maybe the board moderators should create a "male" section, it would be interesting to see if anyone actually uploads anything, and how many guys/women there are on here that enjoy male scenes and will a actually contribute, (I give it three months before its deemed a waste of space) lol

I like this idea just to see if there is a general interest not just for gay males but the females out there as well who might want to see a guy struggle for once. Just curious to see if there is an audience for it after all or if it is a small tiny segment.

Peter1977

Postby Peter1977 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm

gamwam wrote:Yeah there are quite a few male scenes in there actually, boggyman of course is the biggest uploader, I think the majority of the male stuff that's uploaded is from guys that would rather be able to have a female in there bog video and don't upload a video with intent to appeal to folks that prefer to see men in mud, but rather just want to show off there great bogs :), good on them I say :), just about makes it worth while for people like me to visit the board I suppose.

Something else I've noticed I that its really only the producers that actually upload female scenes, there seem to be more guys that will upload there own material than galls, and by there own material I don't mean scenes captured from movies ect but there own sinks, I wonder why that is? Do girls not make there own movies as much as guys? Or do they just sit back and wait for the producers to do it for them?

And that's the tricky part about creating a "male" section isn't it?, realistically who would use it? Is there anyone here that actually creates there movies just to appeal to the galls (or guys) that like to watch guys sink? Probably not, because there just isn't the audience for it I guess, the mind boggles!

I guess unless a male section comes about or if someone starts cater towards male scenes (not clips from movies) we may never know.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 am

My two cents...

I'm a straight guy who enjoys watching both genders sinking. Huge fan of Boggyman's videos, for instance, and some male-oriented art which has been posted in the past. I'm more into the dramatic end of things, but if it has romantic overtones to it, it doesn't bother me.

This has been discussed before over the years, but watching women sink - dramatic or not - does give me a sexual charge because that's the way I'm wired.. ;)
I can enjoy watching men sink in a different way. I can identify directly with the sinker, including whether he enjoys the experience, or is in a dramatic fight for survival.

Now, would I purchase such material? Doubtful. Again, I seek out the female sinking for the thrills. But if male material were posted, I'd welcome it. In fact, most of the comic book art I post tend to be male scenes. Of course, there's a lot more of those out there than female ones, but I enjoy it all the same. :D

If one wanted to create a separate thread for male orientated stuff, I'd be a frequent visitor, and contribute what I can to it. :)

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 am

My .75 cents worth as I don't have enough to be worth 2 cents.

As far as a separate section is concerned, if the amount of material contributed is small I fail to see why it needs to be in a separate section.

Gamwam is quite correct that the main producers do not produce male material. From my point of view it has nothing to do with what I like to see - its simply a matter of investment recovery. If someone wants to produce such material, at my Studio or anywhere else, they have the same opportunity as anyone else.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”