Tried Sinking once today - gave up

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
reisen55

Tried Sinking once today - gave up

Postby reisen55 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:17 am

I have posted my experiences with sinking on the old board and one reason why I gave it up entirely last year and most of 2007 was that I hated cleaning up - dreadful experience. Today I was in a mood to give it one more spin and all was good with my sinking spot in Rockland County. I'll avoid the erotic aspects save I do it for the same reason that boggyman writes of, and got oh about 1/4 into the scene ..... and thought what the hell am I doing here?

Gave up the project.
Cleaned up and packed the bag
Left - never going back ever.

Seems something I have now left behind me and I am frankly glad it is gone. Guess I grew up somewhere.

KavenBach

Re: Tried Sinking once today - gave up

Postby KavenBach » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 am

reisen55 wrote:I have posted my experiences with sinking on the old board and one reason why I gave it up entirely last year and most of 2007 was that I hated cleaning up - dreadful experience. Today I was in a mood to give it one more spin and all was good with my sinking spot in Rockland County. I'll avoid the erotic aspects save I do it for the same reason that boggyman writes of, and got oh about 1/4 into the scene ..... and thought what the hell am I doing here?

Gave up the project.
Cleaned up and packed the bag
Left - never going back ever.

Seems something I have now left behind me and I am frankly glad it is gone. Guess I grew up somewhere.

Not sure whether to congratulate you or weep for you... not meant as an insult, it's my sincere reaction to your post.

On the one hand I'd congratulate you for making such a firm decision; on the other hand I'm not sure I like the suggestion that those who sink are somehow immature...
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:11 am

He's moved from one epoch of life to another.

Like saying, "No more clay sculpture - the mess it makes in the garage or the basement or the den is not worth the bother of cleanup."

To each his own. But to those who still get something out of the adventure and don't take unnecessary risks, know what they're doing, have escape down to a science, can manage pests, no, not immature, just... "unconventional".

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Apologies on the insinuation that we are an im-mature group. I meant that rather in line with that it was something I used to do some years back and that it has lost it's flavor for me. Pure and simple.

KavenBach

Postby KavenBach » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeah, apologies. I think it was "grew up" that threw me (admittedly, it doesn't take much to confuse me :oops: ). Using "outgrew," while essentially the exact same thing, wouldn't have struck me as off whatsoever.

So again, apologies.
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Sorry you had such a disappointing experience.

Interestingly enough, I have discovered that, while I am sexually into watching women sink, my attraction to sinking myself is an adrenalin-rush addiction rather than a sexual turn-on. The old saying "You're never more alive than when you're about to die" applies to me.

Clean-up (and the avoidance of embarrassing questions) is why I only get to sink once or twice a year if I'm lucky. Doing in-pit maintenance at Studio 588 was the first sink of the year for me, and might be the only one. Cleanup was convenient thanks to on-site hot water- absent from most mud pits.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:45 am

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

When I go mudding, I get aroused :oops: when I first get in, but after a minute or two that feeling goes away. I think I just like to relax in the mud for a bit. I actually haven't gone out to my pit in quite a while... haven't had the time, really.

akmudfan

Postby akmudfan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:31 am

Ive had bad experiences too ,, heck I almost lost my life getting stuck in tidal quicksand a few weeks back but I still sink ,, even the week after I got stuck I found a place the very next weekend where I sank to my chest and had great fun ..

If your not into it anymore and it doesnt give you excitement thats for you ,,, for me Im still sinking !!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 am

reisen55 wrote: I'll avoid the erotic aspects save I do it for the same reason that boggyman writes of, and got oh about 1/4 into the scene ..... and thought what the hell am I doing here?

I never go into detail about describing the erotic aspect of my sinkings up here either. Some people don't mind giving all the explicit details up here and perhaps that even enhances the experience for some folks. But I can't fully enjoy a thing if others have too much to say about it.

So, I reserve certain aspects of my sinking experience exclusively for myself, and this is true even when I have a mud partner.

I sense, though, that there remains something about sinking with which you've had trouble gaining a good comfort level even though this concerns only yourself.

Some days don't work out. In fact, the nature of what we do leaves us at the whims of weather and possible intruders and changing mudpit conditions, and there is no way to avoid that; I've found that even something so simple as having had a bad day at work the day before, or a lowered hormone level due to...any reason at all...lack of sleep, eating too big a breakfast...whatever...

Well, it never works out all the time.

I tend to think of it more like, "Okay, I didn't win this round but I got outdoors, saw Nature, burnt more calories than I would have if I sat at my computer and surfed YouTube for quicksand scenes...and it's not like the bog won't be there next time." I can get a little frustrated if it continues for more than an outing or two in a row, but do I regret it?

Nah, there's wayyyy worse ways to kill a day.

And in the opposite case, when it's wonderful, I don't feel bad about enjoying it.

Only you can decide if real sinking is for you...in the end, it doesn't matter what I do when it comes to what you do. Anyway, some people are fine just watching. But you do seem as if you'd LIKE to enjoy it, but you can't for some reason.

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:22 am

You may remember me from the other board - I was the male whose ex-wife introduced the quicksand fantasy in our court documentation! As a result, I probably suffered one helluva traumatic loss of enthusiasm for public voice on the subject.

Besides, if you read my tale in the nuggets section, I have discovered an equally satisfactory replacement. More romantic tale than this venue.

And I still hate the cleanup.

Return to “General Discussion”