Is it just my imagination, or...

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Is it just my imagination, or...

Postby dlodoski » Wed May 01, 2013 3:27 pm

I think that yes, things are relatively quiet on the board, for this time of year. It could be weather related. But I think it has more to do with the 'bean there, done that' issue than anything else. I'm speaking about the discussion areas of the board here btw. I mean, you can probably have the "Who would you like to see in quicksand" just so many times. Then it starts to get old. Since I try not to post too much in the Public Area of the board too much, I leave this issue up to the regular members.

Regarding the producer issues that were brought up, yes, there are similar issues. And I believe that there are too many scenes being produced, and that the average quality of all scenes available has declined sharply because of it.

But I do take exception to the idea that no effort has been made to keep things fresh. I have shot videos in seven different states and in three different countries, with the predictable variations in visual and physical content. And, Camp MPV will get a make-over after just two seasons of operation. So, that's about as fresh as one producer can make it.

As far as the community goes, I founded Quicksandfans with the mandate that community members could still have just one place to go to find everything related to their interest (at the time, we could have all gone in different directions). For the most part, this aspect of community has been preserved. I think that if nothing else, we should feel good about that, even if post counts are lower than before.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed May 01, 2013 5:38 pm

dlodoski wrote:But I do take exception to the idea that no effort has been made to keep things fresh. I have shot videos in seven different states and in three different countries, with the predictable variations in visual and physical content. And, Camp MPV will get a make-over after just two seasons of operation. So, that's about as fresh as one producer can make it.

As far as the community goes, I founded Quicksandfans with the mandate that community member could still have just one place to go to find everything related to their interest (at the time, we could have all gone in different directions). For the most part, this aspect of community has been preserved. I think that if nothing else, we should feel good about that, even if post counts are lower than before.

Amen to that.

I have to agree with Dave here. I mean, just look at the awesome Philippines experiment alone! Not to mention the pioneering and ongoing work at MPV's quicksand studio which constantly surprises and impresses me. I mean, they do not sit on their laurels here, that's for certain. And truth be told, considering the talented ladies they keep bringing in, I suspect most would be satisfied seeing them sink in one pit, much less the multitude they have set up.

Not to slag the efforts of others, of course. Each brings their own take to the genre, and are unique enough to make me a fan of all of them. :)

QSF does quiet down, true, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I myself don't comment as much as I should in support of those who go through the effort of finding and posting stuff here, and when I do, it tends to be a one word answer, but I'd like to at least try to acknowledge the effort.

The only advice I can offer for those who think it is getting too quiet is post something. Try writing a scene, finding a funny cartoon, a cool picture, a clip, whatever. Even if it has appeared here before, I at least will appreciate the effort of at least trying. This board works as well as its contributors, and those who moderate things. :D

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 pm

As the orinal posts in this thread were about activity in the forum, allow me to suggest a kind of coperative project for any and all members who have a camera and eventually also for anyone interested in photo manips.

The project is, at first, to simply take good-quality still photos that might serve as backgrounds and post them for others to hopefully use. I will further suggest that backgrounds need not include any mud because a manip background can itself be a composite. Still would be posted with the intent they be used as manip backgrounds.

I will have to defer to the moderators as to the extent images of this type fall within the scope of this forum, but it does seem to me to be a way to generate some activity that is, itself, on topic.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 pm

I think it's a mixture of things. I think Duncan and Ricky touched on valid points.

But remember, we are just getting over the Winter Weather. People get busy with their day jobs, kids, families and are not always available. Once the new season commences I think we will see more traffic. All forums fluctuate. We are just in a off-peak phase.

I can understand Rick post about getting more of the same, and people getting tired. I for one love quicksand and am a fan. I think our producers are trying innovative new things. Look at DIDVP with their Vat Series. Quicksandvisuals has the whole CampMPV which has LIMITLESS possibilities.
Not that long ago A lot of the producers started series that are still continuing today that are still fresh

I do agree, why don't we see more 30 second scenes? or more Plop ins? That I would love to see more of. More tied up scenes. Or tied with hands above head or behind back.

I think the formula of a slow sink from ankle deep is the main meat and potatoes here. But I don't think it's a bad thing at all. And I personally could never get tired of a good quicksand scene. As long as their is thick peat and a gorgeous model to sink. I don't think you can really go wrong. A lot of new people are always coming in and a lot of the older people will come back. We are just in the quiet phase.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 am

spunkee311 wrote:...I do agree, why don't we see more 30 second scenes? or more Plop ins? That I would love to see more of. More tied up scenes. Or tied with hands above head or behind back.

I think the formula of a slow sink from ankle deep is the main meat and potatoes here. But I don't think it's a bad thing at all. And I personally could never get tired of a good quicksand scene. As long as their is thick peat and a gorgeous model to sink. I don't think you can really go wrong. A lot of new people are always coming in and a lot of the older people will come back. We are just in the quiet phase.

We have actually done several 'rapid' sinks in the last couple seasons, but always tied them into scenes that also featured a slower sink. And that's because, from an economic standpoint, it's really risky to shoot a really short scene and then try to recoup the costs. Unlike other genres, the cost of a 20 minute scene culminating in a submersion is pretty much the same as a one minute scene featuring a submersion. I wish I could charge the same, but I can't (someone would inevitably complain about a dollar/minute issue). So, I will continue to 'bundle' rapid sinks.

Also, I think another reason that there is a preponderance of slow sinks is that they are really hard to shoot (assuming that the slowness is from ankle depth). So, a lot of scenes are really a study in perfecting techniques for that.

Anyways, thank you for your thoughts. I know I have not always been receptive of critical posts, but honestly (and this may be served best as a separate topic) I think some of the forum slowness is because people hold back on their thoughts. They don't communicate freely. And that's mostly because there is an unspoken rule "DON'T PISS OFF THE PRODUCERS!" (because they might stop making videos). Strangely enough, this is not only because the producers discourage criticism, but because there are other members who work to stomp out any negativity.

So, speak freely folks. We'll have better quality discussions, a busier board, and possibly better videos to watch. :)

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 am

I have to say about the same thing as Dave. We have also done some very fast sinks, to the extent of completely under in a single plunge, but always bundled with a prior scene. And for the same, economic reason.

As for slow sinks I think there may be some confusion in what people mean by the term. I suspect some people have used the term, in this thread, to refer to a period of time during which no sinking at all takes place, and some use the term to mean a sequence of very slow, but more or less continuous, progress downward. We have, particularly in the 2012 season, developed a technique for the former and with excellent to fair success depending on the pit used. Last year I was bombarded with requests for this sort of sequence.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu May 02, 2013 4:06 am

Okay, I guess spring has made me happier camper or something but here goes. I'm about to say more than I've offered anyone in a year or more.

Nobody is talking about much because most people come here to graze over the stuff the producers put out. That's not a complaint, it was that way at deepsinking.org, I never expected it to be any different when this board was created. No problem with that. Much of the discussion came from people discussing those offerings. Understandable since there's not a huge amount of stuff out there otherwise. Aside from that occasional offering from Hollywood there really isn't much else. Maybe we'd talk about the performer, how it was done, where it was done, etc. but it's a video world and the chatter generally originated with that. Understood. Cool. No problem.

So what is there to discuss about seeing relatively modest variations on the same thing several hundred or even thousands of times? I'm talking about the standard scene where there's an obvious hole in the ground and a lovely lady steps in and sinks. That's what, ninety, ninety-five percent, of what is out there? It doesn't mean that it isn't watched and enjoyed but how much more can be said about most of them?

Take a look at these images - For most people there's an immediate emotional connection. It' easy to catch in one photo. Much more difficult to drag out for five to twenty minutes.

DSC_3459.JPG

Studio588-1039.JPG

DSC_6516.JPG

DSC_2993.JPG

DSC_3809.JPG

Now there's this other thing that hasn't been discussed as much. You can get a girl in the quicksand any way you want. Walk, run, throw, two and half backwards somersault with a twist in a wedding gown, but we've lost something. I've been everywhere, I've seen them all, I've worked with everyone, I know what I'm saying here...I think, so here goes. Give me a connection to that video just like in those pictures. In the rush to give us all more of what we want the emotional punch has been lost. In the drive to complete "X" number of scenes each day it has been lost that these ladies are sinking to their perilous and/or erotic doom. Get back to "selling" that video to me emotionally. The audience has been saturated with some fairly accomplished work and it's time to not only take it farther but do it better.

I know there are economics and logistics involved. I've presented my broad take on the problem not the detailed solution. And that's for everyone here not just the producers.

I'm not part of that any longer so I don't know what if any effect this has commercially but it's going to show up sooner or later. It's time to stop and take stock and revise some things so we can all continue to watch, enjoy, and discuss.

Anybody?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:.... The audience has been saturated with some fairly accomplished work and it's time to not only take it farther but do it better. ...It's time to stop and take stock and revise some things so we can all continue to watch, enjoy, and discuss...

Agreed.

wysvp
Producer

Postby wysvp » Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm open to constructive criticism - and don't worry about hurting my feelings. :)

I'm also open to new ideas - about scenes, locations, stuff to sink in, speed of the sink, what they wear, etc. I'm not a producer to make $$ - my day job brings me way more $$ than producing videos. I'm in this for the creative aspect - and so are many of my models (they dislike doing the "same thing over and over" too!!!).

On my list of "new things" this season:

- male and female scenes;
- male only scenes;
- new female models;
- a couple of very erotic scenes;
- a new location or two;
- more fetish outfits (what you saw Leila Hazlett wear, for instance, in the "Trust Test" story);
- some shorter scenes (although, like Dave said, there are financial constraints on some of this - it really does cost about the same to do a 5 minute video versus a 15 minute video);
- and some "old style" stories (like my "Marianne" video).

And that is the outdoor stuff - I have plans for the quicksand vat, too (lots - because of the feedback I've received on my forum about the vat).

Plus I'm going to dabble in audio-only scenes. :)

If you want to discuss specifics with me - I recommend doing it on my forum (so we don't clutter this discussion thread), PM (personal message me), or email me directly.

Mike
Mike
Damsels in Distress Visual Productions
http://www.didvp.com
photo@didvp.com

Antares

Postby Antares » Fri May 03, 2013 12:24 am

Oh I always feel bad if I'm honest, like I'm being a dick for not following the 'status quo' so to speak. I'm really happy to see you take the plunge so to speak Dave with the "buzz kill" thread although I'm aware that with fetish work it's going to be like herding cats.

I was wondering if a poll like this for current / recently current (see: me ;) ) MPV members might be a better idea (for you)? That way paying customers have a say in what they see rather than the forum as a whole? I realise that such a thing may backfire on my own desires but from a business standpoint it might make sense to consult your customers rather than everyone? I suspect that you have an idea from the uptake of particular scenes though? that's an excel graph I'd like to see!

Return to “General Discussion”