Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jvdp

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby jvdp » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 pm

wesley2202 wrote:I added this spot in the netherlands which lies in my hometown, thanks whoever wrote ''Better pics on here maps'' !

I am a new member from the Netherlands looking for spots for my first sinking coming season. Can you give some guidence for this spot.

wesley2202

Postby wesley2202 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 am

jvdp wrote:
wesley2202 wrote:I added this spot in the netherlands which lies in my hometown, thanks whoever wrote ''Better pics on here maps'' !

I am a new member from the Netherlands looking for spots for my first sinking coming season. Can you give some guidence for this spot.

Use a gps to get to the haagweg in kessel , look for a small fence with a sign that says ''Dangerous area'' , its a wooden fence with a lot of parking space nearby.
Walk to the left until you get to a large steel pipe, climb over it and walk towards what looks like a hill (its actually a clay deposit)
You will reach a ditch where your left with 2 options, explore the ditch or cross it by going left over a small dam which blocks the water, behind the hill you reach be crossing the ditch cointains more quicksand and clay.

1, go at night ; there will be more quicksand exposed instead of covered by water and there is noone there at night.
2, Try before you sink, some of the spots have an extreme suction to it and are very hard to get out of (no really, i've been there)
3, bring new clothes, the stuff is mostly clay and sticks to anything, be sure to bring something to keep your car seats clean too if you are going by car.

That pretty much covers anything about this spot up, just hit me up if you need more info.
Just your average person in disguise.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Hmm, that one is really near to the next houses. Hopefully you have prepared a very good excuse when some dogwalker or hiker notices you. Even when you present one, you will still get a fine for illegal trespassing.... :shock:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

wesley2202

Postby wesley2202 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 pm

bogbud wrote:Hmm, that one is really near to the next houses. Hopefully you have prepared a very good excuse when some dogwalker or hiker notices you. Even when you present one, you will still get a fine for illegal trespassing.... :shock:

That's why you go at night, preferbly in the morning even, and honestly, i have seen people swim in the river there at that spot, so probably no one cares.
Just your average person in disguise.

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 am

wesley2202 wrote:
bogbud wrote:Hmm, that one is really near to the next houses. Hopefully you have prepared a very good excuse when some dogwalker or hiker notices you. Even when you present one, you will still get a fine for illegal trespassing.... :shock:

That's why you go at night, preferbly in the morning even, and honestly, i have seen people swim in the river there at that spot, so probably no one cares.

Or in my case, I go on a random weekday evening and try to use a spot that is off the beaten path. :P

sinkman3

Postby sinkman3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm

How do I access the map? I want to view it but can't seem to find a link or anything.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:31 am

sinkman3 wrote:How do I access the map? I want to view it but can't seem to find a link or anything.

You will find the link in the first posting in this thread. 8-)

And, welcome to Quicksand Fans! :D
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

jungleQSman

Postby jungleQSman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:19 am

Walpole MA

Hey I noticed someone tagged what looks like a great location in Walpole, MA at a Quarry.

Is it still good? Not sure when the tag was added to the map, I know the general area, I grew up in SE MA,,,, Know the mid Cape as well.

I may be getting back home to MA more this summer fro work and may have opportunity to get there....

Gre444gs

Postby Gre444gs » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:40 am

Is there any sinking spots in Maine that are close to the stains johns river? It seems so empty.

jvdp

Postby jvdp » Sun May 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Scarol wrote:I wonder if there are some sinking spots in the Netherlands, I thought I just saw some in Friesland and near between Hilversum and Amsterdam.
Can anyone help me finding sinking spots in the Netherlands?

There may be spots in the area around Kortenhoef, between Amsterdam and Hilversum. From Google maps, I can see interesting areas with swamp and forest that could have well covered sink spots and may be worth while to explore.
Anyone in the Netherlands familiar in this area?

Return to “General Discussion”