Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
NodeSinking

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby NodeSinking » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 am

Does anyone have any spots near Suffolk Virginia? i posted one where i go. looking for deeper creamier stuff.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:31 pm

i know ive posted once before but it was a while back so though id bump if nobody minds - looking for deep stuff in the east mids area uk,. not bothered what it is as long as its deep,.. not a driver so looking around the nottingham/derby area preferably or within region - any help greatly appreciated as dont really want to go through another dry year,. i need to get under :) - alternatively if theres anyone else out there who has acess to a car am happy to help explore

farwing

Postby farwing » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:57 am

Does anyone know good spots near central or northern Utah? I'm aware of numerous reservoirs around, that change in level throughout the year, but they all seem too popularly used or I just can't find a private accessible spot on them.
I know mudxcrossdresser had mentioned, a few months ago in a thread, that there are spots around the Salt Lake, but could someone pinpoint how to get to those areas? I can't tell what are private roads around there, when I tried to view it from Google maps.

mudwolfie64

Postby mudwolfie64 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 am

Anyone that has any locations near Mansfield, Wooster, or Willard ohio?? many thanks!

mudwolfie

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:13 pm

I've never been to the mud areas of the Great Salt Lake but my understanding is that there is mud just about everywhere on the shoreline once you get out from the harbor on the south side. Best access is by boat, just run along the edge of the lake and you should find mudflats near the shore. On land, the best access is the dirt road that follows the railroad track across the northern section of the lake.

COexp

Postby COexp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:33 pm

mudxdresser wrote:I've never been to the mud areas of the Great Salt Lake but my understanding is that there is mud just about everywhere on the shoreline once you get out from the harbor on the south side. Best access is by boat, just run along the edge of the lake and you should find mudflats near the shore. On land, the best access is the dirt road that follows the railroad track across the northern section of the lake.

I keep seeing more and more ideal places over there!

I am a fairly short drive away (Colorado), and would love to check out the state. It would be nice to find more of the smooth clay mud. Pond/lake mud can be fun and all, but usually its bit gritty and doesnt smell all that great.

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:44 am

Well, I've got good news and bad news about the Great Salt Lake mud. The good news is the mud is rather creamy, the bad is that whole lake stinks, or at least that is what I've been told by those that have gone there. Note that the one time I took my waverunner to the marina on the south side, I ended up not putting it in, the place just wasn't working for me...

MamaWheezy

Postby MamaWheezy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:46 am

Anyone know of any spots in the Rochester NY area?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm

A little far from me. Im in the NJ area. I think there are a few people on the site from Upstate NY if you do a member search by location.

farwing

Postby farwing » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 am

I went to the north shore (past the spiral jetty) of the Great Salt Lake, and was disappointed in what I could find. I tried getting to the railroad across the lake, from the north/east side, but the entire side is industrialized private roads that I didn't want to risk trespassing on. I went farther north and finally found an unmarked and questionable road that led down to the flats, on the east side spring bay, but the flats were plain salty and sandy, with the actual lake water way too far to hike to (I couldn't find a way to drive onto the flats in the time I was out there). I found some springs that were a little muddy and very smelly, but it was still shallow and mostly sand. My picture shows where the most mud was - barely 3 inches at best, and not enough to dirty my shoes most of the time.

I kept exploring though and found a pond next to a road on the north side, which turned out rather marshy and a little deep! It wasn't quite what I was looking for though, but I was glad my 6 hour excursion turned up to something at least.

I don't have a boat so I can't try putting in to any shore I want, so I'm limited to wherever I can drive to and hopefully without getting into trouble driving through a surveillanced industrial area :oops:. When I get the chance I want to look at the south/west shores and see if I can find an open road from I80 leading to some flats.

I did add some spots to the map that I know of; sometimes-popular reservoirs that may expose mud depending on weather for the year, but the spots I personally know are sort of exposed to public traffic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion”