2017 NHL Playoffs

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby kham » Tue May 23, 2017 4:07 am

"oh they were on their heels..."
"the score is not indicative.."
FUCK YOU DEAD CBC :twisted:

6-3 make the final, and the series for the NASHVILLE PREDATORS
It's on to the Big One boys. It doesn't get any bigger than this now
Sissons, the NATURAL hat trick to get the game winner even, and some empty net stuff
There was some monkey business with convenient penalties, and was tied. But 6 min to go in 3rd, Preds decided, lets END this :twisted:

And the boys did the right thing. Took the team photo, waiting for the injured guys to come out even
But they NEVER put hands on the Campbell Trophy
No jinx
You NEVER touch anything but The Cup

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Tue May 23, 2017 10:11 am

I guess you could say that the Ducks are...
DEAD IN THE WATER :lol:

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue May 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Watched from the couch last night but friends downtown reported epic ballyhoo and general hell-raising outside. I'm not sure they could have been any louder than my wife who frightened the dog out of the room. :shock:

Next week comes the biggest show we've had in a while and that's saying something. Expect hundreds of thousands to be in attendance on lower Broadway when they get here. Pittsburgh may be as bad-ass as they say but we don't intend to make it easy. We gonna add some Penguin bird to the menu. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Only two teams get to play hockey in June
You're one of them

And, easy hell, you guys can beat them. They might be a very very good team. But they aren't quite as good as the one last year.
This, is on the slopes of Mount Olympus. Immortality, Awaits :twisted:

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Tonights game:

Pittsburgh at Ottawa 8:00 pm EST

With any luck at all, it ends tonight, and we can get ready for the main event

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue May 23, 2017 10:39 pm

kham wrote:Tonights game:

Pittsburgh at Ottawa 8:00 pm EST

With any luck at all, it ends tonight, and we can get ready for the main event

Sens fans must smell the end coming, because the game still isn't sold out yet... Can't bear to watch them grab the golf clubs on the way out of the rink tonight, I guess.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Not to mention , a Pittsburgh - Nashville final would be a great series. Not only would it be fun and exciting to watch, but the drooling gibbering idiots that pass for writers these days would have stuff. Some even relevant. An unarguably elite team, against the team that DEFINES team play, blue collar to the core, 4 lines, and no real superstars. A hot goaltender who the best in the league when you line up the numbers, who the only thing he hasn't done is WIN in Round Four.
Yeah.
This would be a good series
But it's not over until it's over
Last Game was just a win. Game Six is tonight

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Wed May 24, 2017 5:49 am

Flat
I figured the Pens would be flat after Game Five and mopping the ice with them, and the result was a 2-1 Ottawa win to stay alive and force Game Seven. Nothing like dramatics

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 pm

It is being reported here that Ottawa failed to sell out the venue for a playoff game? How does that happen in Canada? Is that a joke? Seats are going for $3500 each here on StubHub and we don't even know who the opponent will be yet. Incredible. :shock:

Whatever happens my wife and I have committed to being part of the merry mob outside the arena. I've already set up a GoFundMe account for bail money if we go all the way. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Wed May 24, 2017 5:05 pm

It's probably complicated, and not really being an Ottawa fan, I never follow that closely :P
If I recall correctly, there has been a bit of a dispute about the stadium, regarding where they put the damn thing (It's not in Ottawa, it's In Kanata) and the usual stuff about relocating to a downtown location. But that could be problematic, since , well - it's Ottawa. It's not like there's a lot of available real estate downtown. And, capitol. They can't exactly wallpaper over historic sites now... :mrgreen:
Honestly , I dont know. If the Leafs or Canadiens had this happen, it would be major news, like someone important got killed or something :twisted:

Return to “Off Topic”