Sept 11 now 21 years

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

Sept 11 now 21 years

Postby reisen55 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:51 pm

As many here know, I am a survivor 101st floor of the south tower - walked down and was on floor 74 when the tower was hit floors 78 to 82. Always a tough time.

PA Jack

Re: Sept 11 now 21 years

Postby PA Jack » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:49 pm

I knew a guy through my work who was on the 100th floor of the north tower - he had gone to work early because he had to leave early for a child’s soccer practice. He was one of those killed that morning. I still have his business card with the prestigious address on it - I thought it was really cool when he gave me the card, because he worked at such a notable address. It turned out to be not so cool after all. A bad day all around.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:52 pm

Never forget this day

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:24 pm

21 years and we are still struggling with this tragedy.
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:08 pm

NEVER FORGET!!!

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:59 pm

reisen55 wrote:As many here know, I am a survivor 101st floor of the south tower - walked down and was on floor 74 when the tower was hit floors 78 to 82. Always a tough time.

Wow, I did not know that about you, so glad you survived, and my condolences for those you knew who didn’t. I can’t even begin to imagine being there that morning — we were alarmed enough having just flown the airlines for a very rare occasion just a few weeks before.

I remember it was such a beautiful day that day, virtually from coast to coast. Very much the same as where I'm at today.

I also remember, that we were so completely unprepared for such an attack, that the F-16’s scrambled to intercept Flight 93 were unarmed. I saw an interview once with one of the pilots where she said something like, at point it occurred to her, that if they were ordered to engage Flight 93, all she could do was collide with it. Luckily for her and her wingman at least, that was never necessary.

I have less than zero sympathy for terrorists; may they all burn in the deepest pits of hell for all eternity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

EVysther

Postby EVysther » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:17 am

That tragic day resonates highly with my wife and I....

We had been dating for a good five months by that point, enjoying each other and blending our lives together...then the unthinkable happened.

I'd seen my fair share of the horrors the world by that point in my lifetime, but something of *this* magnitude was unthinkable on our shores...and on live television, no less, unfolding before all our eyes as it happened...the world had forever changed. We're still feeling the repercussions today.

Amidst all that tragedy, I formally proposed to Lisa that very day, we were married two months later.

We both took away form it that life is far too short to be taken for granted. Carpe diem, indeed.

Reisen, I am certain your life has never been the same....my heart goes out to you. I've had a few close shaves in my life, but never of that caliber. God bless, sir.

The darkest hours sometimes can produce some of the most beautiful moments, directly or not....as black as that day was, I will always cherish that aspect of it.

-------------------------------

As a final point I wanted to add a footnote about something I let slide years ago, but bears mentioning here...

I've brought up this story before, and a few befuddled idiots on this forum took it as an opportunity to berate me for having some sort of opportunistic agenda. :roll:

I may have been clumsy in how I presented it, but your response was despicable, especially in light of how you consistently toot your own self-absorbed horn, as it were.

My point? Don't judge, and keep your sarcasm to yourself, especially in light of the subject matter, or, at the very least, ask for clarification instead of behaving like a fool.

End of sermon, apologies to those whom it does not apply.
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

Return to “Off Topic”